News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JLahrman

Gents,

Thanks to all who came today.  Beautiful weather and not-as-beautiful golf, but a fun day.

As I said in my closing remarks, "Guys, I hate to be a weenie and leave early, but I've knocked up the wife and I have to pick her up from prenatal yoga class.  But with so many GCA guys in the Bay Area, there is no reason we shouldn't be doing this on a halfway regular basis."

Patrick Kiser

Gents,

Thanks to all who came today.  Beautiful weather and not-as-beautiful golf, but a fun day.

As I said in my closing remarks, "Guys, I hate to be a weenie and leave early, but I've knocked up the wife and I have to pick her up from prenatal yoga class.  But with so many GCA guys in the Bay Area, there is no reason we shouldn't be doing this on a halfway regular basis."

Joel,

Thanks for setting this up.  It was good to get out there and swing the sticks again after the Boomerang trip.  Very nice to meet you and Brett / Kevin / John as well.

As far as doing this more often, as the once all clairvoyant and all knowing Huckaby said "set it up and they will come".  That is so true.

Brett,

I think I don't speak for myself when I say, we'd really like to see more of Mira Vista soon.  A Robert Hunter course and we know so little about it...  Would love to see what you've been able to find for Lincoln as well.

Kevin,

Any special deals we should know about for some of that good vino?  ;D  Safe trip back to the Windy City.

John,

Good luck with your stretch in the Coast Guard at the Petaluma base.

Alex / Kyle / David,

As always, good to see and play with you.  Sorry I forgot what a driver was used for...

“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

JLahrman

Joel,

Thanks for setting this up.  It was good to get out there and swing the sticks again after the Boomerang trip.  Very nice to meet you and Brett / Kevin / John as well.

As far as doing this more often, as the once all clairvoyant and all knowing Huckaby said "set it up and they will come".  That is so true.

Happy to set these things up, not hard to do at all.

I will try to start putting some feelers out periodically.  Hopefully the BAGCAT (Bay Area GCA Tour) can get some legs.

Bill Ward

Sorry I missed you guys and I hope the tournament didn't ruin pace of play too much.  Can be painful out there if you don't get out in the first hour or so.  I have a couple of spots available out at Callippe Preserve in Pleasanton on Saturday at 7AM if any of you guys are interested.  You can send me a PM but leave me an email address as I seem to have trouble responding to them. 

astavrides

Sorry I missed you guys and I hope the tournament didn't ruin pace of play too much.  Can be painful out there if you don't get out in the first hour or so.  I have a couple of spots available out at Callippe Preserve in Pleasanton on Saturday at 7AM if any of you guys are interested.  You can send me a PM but leave me an email address as I seem to have trouble responding to them. 

when we were coming off 2, i saw a guy coming off 4 and asked him if he was you, but he said that you were probably a few holes farther along.  Apparently, there are at least 2 6'5" or taller guys in your club who are lurkers on GCA.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back