News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BCrosby

Harrington's carom
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »
Did anyone see Harrington's carom shot off the viewing stand on the 16th hole yesterday? He didn't ultimately save par, but it was a brilliant idea, one I've never seen tried before. Great stuff.

The thought occurred that it was not something that would cross the mind of an American pro raised on carefully groomed parkland courses.

Bob

Mac Plumart

Re: Harrington's carom
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:04:33 AM »
How about his practice putting stroke?  Maybe I need to copy that too.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »
Did anyone see Harrington's carom shot off the viewing stand on the 16th hole yesterday? He didn't ultimately save par, but it was a brilliant idea, one I've never seen tried before. Great stuff.

The thought occurred that it was not something that would cross the mind of an American pro raised on carefully groomed parkland courses.

Bob

Didn't see it.  I thought Jiminez' carom off the wall from the road at the Open was last year's greatest shot!  The European pros definitely have better imagination and ability to create shots.  Mickelsen is pretty good for our side of things!

Tim Martin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »

Bob

Didn't see it.  I thought Jiminez' carom off the wall from the road at the Open was last year's greatest shot!  The European pros definitely have better imagination and ability to create shots.  Mickelsen is pretty good for our side of things!

Bill-I agree that the Euro`s seem to have more imagination with Seve being the poster boy for hitting shots that no one else would ever dream of.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back