News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gavrich

Wynlakes G&CC; Montgomery, AL
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:54:50 AM »
The W&L Golf team leaves a week from Saturday for our first tournament of the Spring.  It's hosted by Huntongdon College at their home course, Wynlakes Golf & Country Club in Montgomery, AL.  The course was designed by Joe Lee and opened in 1986 and was redesigned by one Billy Fuller in 2006.  Their website is pretty good; I was wondering if anyone had any playing experience with the golf course.  It seems pretty straightforward.  Any insight about it would be much appreciated.  This is my last season as a college golfer and I'm looking forward to going out on top with my team.

Cheers.

--Tim
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Chris Roselle

Re: Wynlakes G&CC; Montgomery, AL
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »
Tim, I played for NAIA Spring Hill College (Mobile, Ala.) back in the late 90's and we always travled north to play in the Huntington College event in the early spring.  I remember the wind being quite a factor on the front nine, especially on Holes 3-6.  The back nine was alittle tighter but alittle easier.  I remember one year it started flurrying when I was on the 4th green and one of the guys I was paired with said it was the first time in his life he had ever seen snow in person, which for a guy from Philadelphia just blew my mind.  Good track, enjoy and play well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back