News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Terry Lavin

Re: Blizzard won't bump golfers
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:06:55 PM »
THese guys are frineds of mine.  Abject lunatics, obviously.  They play pretty much every Sunday through the winter.  They hate playing in nice weather.  Complete idiots.  The funny thing is that a version of this story appears every single year, with the new journalist acting like he's just gotten a really neat scoop.  It's the kind of story a lazy journalist likes, one that sort of writes itself.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »
These guys were great golfers playing St Andrews Old Course in early Winter pre-Christmas 1875

Melvyn

Jud_T

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 08:47:24 AM »
Marshall Field died of pneumonia caught playing golf on New Year's Day...was that at Chicago Golf Club?
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jim Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:32:50 PM »
The J.D. Rockefeller biography "Titan" includes a description of golf at Rock's Hudson Valley Estate course in mid-winter. He would invite guests from the city for a weekend of golf. They would arrive, perplexed at first, only to find tees, fairways, and greens cleared down to grass, and play would proceed!
"Hope and fear, hope and Fear, that's what people see when they play golf. Not me. I only see happiness."

" Two things I beleive in: good shoes and a good car. Alligator shoes and a Cadillac."

Moe Norman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back