News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

Re:The Trophy Club (w/pic)
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »

What's the yahoo in the golf cart doing so close to the bunker in the last picture though? :o

Hell, I wish our guests were that considerate.

Frank Sullivan

Re: The Trophy Club (w/pic)
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »
The Trophy Club is about as good as it gets for public golf in the greater Indy area, especially when you factor in the price. 

Of the notable Indy public courses (Brickyard$$$, Prairie View$$$, The Fort$$$), I'd rather take the short drive up to Trophy Club near Lebanon, play 36 for $45, and spend the savings on the nasal bum-rushing shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's downtown ;D

Oh, and play the 19th...it's a cool Par 3 right by the clubhouse...I wish it were part of the actual 18.

On a side note, when Heartland Crossing (Price/Smyers) opened in Mooresville, it was public...I thought it was VERY good...however, it went Semi-Private and the members voted to dumb down the course...what a shame.  It's initial design was a blast.

John Nixon

Re:The Trophy Club (w/pic)
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 05:06:34 PM »
Development is heading towards it, so not sure how long it will last.

Planning my rounds for the upcoming '11 season and reviewing some courses here, came across this statement from Mr. Liddy.

Tim, the last 3.5 years have not brought development measurably closer. Relax.    :)

This just in: Development northward along U.S. 52 stalls, no significant encroachment towards Trophy Club over last 6 years.

I couldn't resist. After not playing during '15 and '16 I started back into this stupid game. The senior rate at TC (age 55+) being the single best value in golf on the planet, I've been playing there a bit. Got to wondering what GCA had to say about the course so I found this old thread.

Keep on chillin' Tim    ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back