News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

The Fox Club (Fla)
« on: November 15, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »
Has anyone played it?  I'm getting ready to do some research and wanted to see what the tree house thought.  I love Eoin O'C and cover him at the Travis each year...
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

PCCraig

Re: The Fox Club (Fla)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
I haven't played it. But a buddy is now the Head Pro there and from all accounts it's a very cool place to play golf. I trust his judgement as his last two jobs were at PV and Forest Creek.
H.P.S.

JESII

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 12:07:52 PM »
It's good.

Jay, do a spell check on Eoghan's name.

As we all know, Florida is tough to do something unique but the Fox Club keeps you interested throughout with different length and shape requirements off the tee and into the greens.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »
I did get my Owen's confused.  That Eoghan is Eoghan, but his little buddy is Eoin, who also plays in the Travis.  There is also an Oin in the mix, and I don't see Owen anywhere around, so he must have the night off or something:):)
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »
Jay,

I played there many years ago when it was known as Cobblestone, a Roy Case design. See his Feature Interview here.My recollection is vague but I remember some interesting holes. Apparently, according to club's website, it has been redesigned.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Robert Emmons

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
Jay,

It has been redone. Very bold greens and green complex's with a high stimp, average to strange archetecture, very low handicap membership, very Irish, St Patrick's day big event, previous pro now head pro at Piping Rock, Eoghan does run the club....RHE

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
Does the Poscillico family still own the club ?

Dean Stokes

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 09:17:03 PM »
I have played here many times, all in the past five seven years. I really enjoy the course and would try and play it, maybe even join if I lived closer.
It is one of those courses where I would say if you can play to handicap there, your handicap will travel almost anywhere. Having said that it is still plenty of fun to play. They have made use of all the 'undulation' so that at least a few holes have raised tee boxes and/or greens. Many of the holes dogleg off the tee which requires the golfer to have to hit all shapes of shots.
Always in good condition when I've played there I would say it is well worth a visit for anyone going to South East Florida. And if you don't happen to enjoy the golf you cannot fail to enjoy the clubhouse hospitality and the view across 18 fairway watching your friends dunk their bold second shot into the lake on the par 5 finishing hole.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 11:33:51 PM »
I've played The Fox Club a bit, like it a lot, especially the movement around and on the greens which tend to be nice and firm. Eoghan's a great guy and Sean who used to be there and is at Piping Rock is another great guy.

If anybody is in the area, I would recommend playing there.

Yes, locals have trouble with Eoghan's name, a guy one day was asking me did I know Eegan, took me a while to figure out who he was talking about.

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Robert Emmons

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 08:55:39 AM »
Pat,

Mario Poscillico has been out for a few years. The reno was done after he left...RHE

Terry Lavin

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 12:09:44 PM »
Looks like a fun addition to my trip down to play Pine Tree this winter.  I'd never heard of the club but it looks inviting.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back