News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: How does gca.com end?
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
Dallas, where a whole season was just a dream.......

Great, now I have a vision of Bill McBride grinning widely with shiraz stained teeth while contemplating the curves of one Delta Burke.

Delta Burke was in Dallas??

Bill-Wasn`t Delta in Designing Woman? If I remember correctly a show featuring 4 southern belles who used the great template holes as the inspiration for their interior design business. ;)

I was responding to Jason Jones' incorrect comment above.

Imagine that.

JC Jones

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 08:09:58 PM »
Dallas, where a whole season was just a dream.......

Great, now I have a vision of Bill McBride grinning widely with shiraz stained teeth while contemplating the curves of one Delta Burke.

Delta Burke was in Dallas??

Bill-Wasn`t Delta in Designing Woman? If I remember correctly a show featuring 4 southern belles who used the great template holes as the inspiration for their interior design business. ;)

I was responding to Jason Jones' incorrect comment above.

Imagine that.

When did I say Delta Burke was in Dallas?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Carl Rogers

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »
I clearly need to get to work this weekend on my contribution here, which is a detailed effort to explain, draw and photograph the 4th hole at Riverfront which is highlighted on the Renaissance Design Web site as one of their best holes.

David_Elvins

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 08:36:57 AM »
The most likely scenario is that it will stumble go along happily for the next 20 years, ebbing and flowing with the economy, until China launches an attack on the internet and shuts it down completely for 5-6 months. 

Frgments of the sites will be able to be pieced together through various web archiving and in 100 years a bunch of geeks will gather around hunting down these fragments, fight over what they really mean and conclude that the game was much better back then, before they started building courses on the moon. 
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 08:52:39 AM »

You Guys  always making it complicated its simple Ran will move to St Andrews. Buy the house next to Old Toms shop pay £4.5 Million for it and convert GCA.com to an Internet/Sat Golfing Channel.

When Golf Tournaments are not being played he will host historical and architectural debates and tours of old and new courses. This will be linked to a Holiday Tour Company and will have a hotel at Askernish and Machrie and may even look to Lossiemouth for another

He will link the site to the Single Malt Industry while offering great discounts on Green Fees to those only using the services of GCA.com 8) 8) 8)

AS for the current membership we should have policed ourselves, failure to do so will result in only 1 in ten being allowed to retain their Membership in the Scottish GCA.com venture. :'(

Some Guys have all the luck  ;)

Melvyn

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 03:16:58 PM »
It will meet the same fate as Yogi Berra's favorite restaurant: Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »

By signing a 10 years contract with the R&A to promote their ideas (alas the R&A have never had an idea between themselves in nearly 200 years, but hope springs eternal like the British economy) :-\

Melvyn

Melvyn,

They did move the final round of the Open to Sunday.

Bob

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 09:10:27 PM »
It will meet the same fate as Yogi Berra's favorite restaurant: Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Wow that reminds me of Bethpage Black. Has to be the hardest course to get on in NYC area.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back