News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Cape Kidnappers Photos
« on: October 26, 2010, 11:46:45 AM »

Jim Eder

Re: Cape Kidnappers Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »
Thanks for the photos!!  Brings back some wonderful memories, I can't wait to get back!!! Thanks.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:00:25 PM »
Anthony, any comments about the course? 

George Freeman

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
Thanks for the pictures, Anthony.  The place looks magical.

How good is it?  How many rounds did you play?  Worth a trip around the world to play?  Is it in your top 5? Top 10? Top 20?  Would love to hear your opinion on the course.

Thanks,

George
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Greg Tallman

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »
Was the photo from the bunker staged?

How many cows did you "tip"?

Where did you get that wonderful gold golf shirt?

Eric Smith

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »
I'm going off of memory here, so I'm probably wrong, but....Castle Stuart, Diamante, Old Macdonald and Cape Kidnappers all in the last 12 months? Are you glad you had surgery when you did? You've had a nice run Doc!

These pics are gorgeous. The setting looks incredible, though I can't get my mind off of that plate! Tell us about staying on site...

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »
Thanks for the photos!!  Brings back some wonderful memories, I can't wait to get back!!! Thanks.

A wonderful experience Jim.

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
Anthony, any comments about the course? 

Its great golf Jim.Very dramatic from the air but less so from the ground.Very difficult land to put a course on.Definatly a must play.The accomadations,food and staff are second to none...five star plus.The routing also stands out.

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »
Thanks for the pictures, Anthony.  The place looks magical.

How good is it?  How many rounds did you play?  Worth a trip around the world to play?  Is it in your top 5? Top 10? Top 20?  Would love to hear your opinion on the course.

Thanks,

George

Top 20 for me.As pricey as Pebble Beach if not more.Great course but it is no Cruden Bay.Only one play because of the weather.I went on "the off season".I think it is unfair to say there is an off season because the resort was not busy at all.Good place to take a wife.Classy so not the best for a buddy trip if they misbehave.I was in the neighborhood so I droped in.Next time I would include Tazmania.

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 05:53:13 PM »
Was the photo from the bunker staged?

How many cows did you "tip"?

Where did you get that wonderful gold golf shirt?

Yes...you got me,only sheep,from the best man at my next wedding.

Anthony

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:06:39 PM by Anthony Gray »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »
I'm going off of memory here, so I'm probably wrong, but....Castle Stuart, Diamante, Old Macdonald and Cape Kidnappers all in the last 12 months? Are you glad you had surgery when you did? You've had a nice run Doc!

These pics are gorgeous. The setting looks incredible, though I can't get my mind off of that plate! Tell us about staying on site...

Best food at a golf resort I have ever visited.Honest to God I had two ontrays every dinner.Than again I spent 11 days in Thailand eating from street vendors before I got to New Zealand.One warning:Don't wait to book your flight to NZ after you get to Thailand.Also on the way back to the States stop off in San Fran and have dinner at Gib's house.One note,on the third hole the caddy says "Do you know Jim Thorton"?

Easy E

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 07:57:04 AM »
Dear Anthony,

You say  “Next time I would include Tazmania.”   
I do believe that you mean Tasmania. But far be it from me as a Scot rrrrrrrrresident in Orrrrrstrrrrralia to be critical of a wee bit  of mangled English.  I have seen worrrrse somewherrrrrrre or otherrrrrrrr on this very site.

In all seriousness why not visit Tasmania in March and enjoy the Boomerang bash being organised by Scott Warren?

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 08:19:27 AM »
Great course but it is no Cruden Bay.

You mean there is no hole at CK as big a joke as 15 at CB?
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Anthony Gray

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
Dear Anthony,

You say  “Next time I would include Tazmania.”   
I do believe that you mean Tasmania. But far be it from me as a Scot rrrrrrrrresident in Orrrrrstrrrrralia to be critical of a wee bit  of mangled English.  I have seen worrrrse somewherrrrrrre or otherrrrrrrr on this very site.

In all seriousness why not visit Tasmania in March and enjoy the Boomerang bash being organised by Scott Warren?

Cheers Colin

My schedule is up in the air because of my current  divorce,but I would love to meet up with you guys.Not sure if my neck will be healed up by than also.I appreciate the gentelman golfer offer.looking foward to meeting you.

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »
Great course but it is no Cruden Bay.

You mean there is no hole at CK as big a joke as 15 at CB?

Andrew,

I love jokes.Laughter is good for the soul just like a round at Cruden Bay. ;)

Anthony

John Foley

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 09:07:52 AM »
Dude - you get around!!

Have to admit - I'm not sure how to take you most of the time, but this picture made me laugh!!

Integrity in the moment of choice

Scott Szabo

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 01:08:02 PM »
Anthony,

When are you coming out to northeastern Colorado?  Seems like your recent travels the past few years have taken you every place but!

Thanks for sharing the pictures - CK looks amazing!
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Anthony Gray

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »
Anthony,

When are you coming out to northeastern Colorado?  Seems like your recent travels the past few years have taken you every place but!

Thanks for sharing the pictures - CK looks amazing!

When the snow melts I'm there.

Thanks Scott,

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back