News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

The Cornish-Graves-Silva Harvard Seminars
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:39:43 PM »
In “Rough Meditations” Brad Klein writes an essay about his attendance to the famed Cornish-Graves golf course design seminar held at Harvard during the summer.

Trying my hardest to Google search a way to find more current information on these classes…I couldn’t find anything. Are they still offered?

Did anyone on here ever attend? What did you think? Did you attend for business or was it more of a personal education?

Is anything similar offered elsewhere?
H.P.S.

Bill Gayne

Re: The Cornish-Graves-Silva Harvard Seminars
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »
It was six or seven years ago that my wife got the three day course for me as a birthday present. One of my favorite golf experiences. Brian Silva and Damon P? taught the class and they were outstanding. Brian is incredibly entertaining with a ton of stories and the ability to tell them. Stayed at the Inn at Harvard Square. We  had breakfast with Brian and several of his associates. Geoff Shackleford showed up but I can't remember why. There were maybe 15 people in the class and everything about it was first rate. I now tell people that I studied at the Harvard School of Design.

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:58:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply Bill. Once I read about the class I thought it sounded very neat and worth looking into.

Does anyone know if the series was canceled?
H.P.S.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »
Pat C. -

Perhaps you could contact Brian Silva's office and ask if he is still doing the seminar:

http://www.bsilvadesign.com/silva.php

DT

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back