News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Foley

This week @ Sea Island
« on: October 06, 2010, 02:10:56 PM »
Is anyone else looking forward to seeing Sea Island this week? I don't watch much golf on TV except for a little of the majors. Saw a bit of the Ryder cup and couldn't find much interest in the archiotecture, but I am really looking forward to seeing Sea Island.

Did some research on older posts explaining the changes and there are some good write ups. Google Earth has some B&W pics before the re-do.

Would love to see the old routing plans from the old Colt / Allison Seaside  or the Travis Plantation courses which are posted at the resort. Anyone have pics?
Integrity in the moment of choice

Carl Nichols

Re: This week @ Sea Island
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:25:49 PM »
I realize I could run a google search, but what is being played there? 

John Foley

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:36:15 PM »
PGA Tour Stop - McGladrey's Classic - benefiting DLIII Foundation

http://www.mcgladreyclassic.com/index.aspx

Integrity in the moment of choice

Carl Nichols

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 02:57:56 PM »
Thanks John.

I really like that course, but I'd be surprised if they don't tear it up.

Kenny Baer

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
Huge fan of the course and the place and am very excited to see what happens this week.  I kind of think the pros will eat it up as well but there is so much strategy involved I think it will be fun to watch.

It is what I think is one of the truly underrated golf courses; tons of strategy in an idylic setting.

Roger Wolfe

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 01:42:06 AM »
Huge fan of the course and the place and am very excited to see what happens this week.  I kind of think the pros will eat it up as well but there is so much strategy involved I think it will be fun to watch.

It is what I think is one of the truly underrated golf courses; tons of strategy in an idylic setting.

Try playing it in a tropical storm like we did in May of 2007.  Seaside, on a day like that, makes the Ocean Course look, to quote Mike Myers, "...like a little girl."

I can't wait to see it on TV with full blown PGA tour coverage.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »

Try playing it in a tropical storm like we did in May of 2007.  Seaside, on a day like that, makes the Ocean Course look, to quote Mike Myers, "...like a little girl."

I can't wait to see it on TV with full blown PGA tour coverage.

I played The Ocean Course when Hurricane Gaston was off Kiawah's coast (2004).  We had steady winds of 40mph with 55mph gusts.  More like an angry wench than a little girl...

John_Cullum

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »
If there is a stiff breeze, it will play alot like Mirasol did for the tour professionals
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Mac Plumart

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 05:11:46 PM »
Watching it now.  Courses look great.  Man, I love that place!!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back