News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Shamleffer

St. Louis v. Dallas - GCA
« on: October 18, 2011, 01:17:18 PM »
For my starting 4 I go with:
St. Louis CC
Westwood
Fox Run
Old Warson

For middle relief:
St. Albans
Algonquin
Normandie
Glen Echo
Gateway
Annbriar
Forest Park

And my closer is:
Bellerive
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:49:18 PM by Bill Shamleffer »
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Jeff_Brauer

Re: St. Louis v. Dallas - GCA
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:12:42 PM »
Sounds like your stop starter has some elbow problems.  Us Texans can only hope so!

As to golf, any city with a Raynor beats one without a Raynor! 

I won't state my opinions in detail, but I would think most here would pick STL over DFW.  Just a guess.

Our starters, based on reputation would have to be Colonial, Brook Hollow, Preston Trail and a rotating mix of part time starters/long relievers like Vaquero, Shady Oaks, Northwood, and a few others.

Where DFW is strongis in the inning 6-8 relievers - upscale publics and newer Clubs - Pine Dunes (close enough to DFW) Tribute (old and new) Cowboys, etc.  The list is very long.

Closer - Dallas National.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

John Handley

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:44:30 PM »
Well for the DFWers out there:

Starters
Brook Hollow
Dallas National
Vaquero
Dallas CC

MIddle Relief
Northwood
Royal Oaks
Lakewood
Bent Tree
Old American

Closer
Preston Trails

2024 Line Up: Spanish Oaks GC, Cal Club, Cherokee Plantation, Huntercombe, West Sussex, Hankley Common, Royal St. Georges, Sunningdale New & Old, CC of the Rockies, Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale, Formby, Royal Liverpool, Swinley Forest, St. George's Hill, Berkshire Red, Walton Heath Old, Austin GC,

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:28:31 PM »
It's STL in a landslide....

As for the WS this week that might be a different story!
H.P.S.

Steve Pozaric

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:15:01 PM »
Pat

Regarding the WS, I hope not.

Bill

Given what I have heard about the conditions at Fox, I would put it on the DL.  Not sure what I would put in its place, Boone Valley maybe?
Steve Pozaric

mark chalfant

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »
Norwood  Hillls is  a very strong middle  innings ace for   STL.

John Handley

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 11:43:40 PM »
We've moved Dallas CC to the pen and activated Colonial CC. Game changer.
2024 Line Up: Spanish Oaks GC, Cal Club, Cherokee Plantation, Huntercombe, West Sussex, Hankley Common, Royal St. Georges, Sunningdale New & Old, CC of the Rockies, Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale, Formby, Royal Liverpool, Swinley Forest, St. George's Hill, Berkshire Red, Walton Heath Old, Austin GC,

mike_beene

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 12:55:05 AM »
You got to do what the game asks you to do. that's how baseball go.Wash makes me like baseball again. don't forget Shady Oaks

Lou_Duran

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 09:45:57 AM »
You got to do what the game asks you to do. that's how baseball go.Wash makes me like baseball again. don't forget Shady Oaks

Surely you jest!.  Love the guy's enthusiasm- outstanding rapport with the team- and his apparent ego-in-check style, but SL has an edge in this important facet of the game.

Agree on Shady Oaks.  Other additions to the rotation-  higher up on my personal list (Dallas CC ?????), Honors Club of Dallas (prev. Columbian CC), Craig Ranch, and Stonebridge-Dye.  Not a personal favorite, but for spot relief on a raw, windy day, the TPC at Las Colinas.

But since we're all democrats when it comes to golf, want to do this for daily fees?  How about Old American, The Tribute, Cowboys, and Frisco Lakes as starters?  Munis Tangle Ridge, Tenison Highlands, Stevens Park, and Tierra Verde as middle relief and set-up.  Southern Oaks, Ridgeview Ranch, and Tour 18 as closers. 

Steve Pozaric

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 03:41:27 PM »
We've moved Dallas CC to the pen and activated Colonial CC. Game changer.
As a Horned Frog alum (and Cards fan),  I would say there is no way a Ft Worth course could be included in a Dallas group!
Steve Pozaric

John Handley

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 05:26:01 PM »
As a Horned Frog alum (and Cards fan),  I would say there is no way a Ft Worth course could be included in a Dallas group!

C'mon the Texas Rangers are DFW's team not just Dallas.  Afterall they play in Arlington.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »
Sadly, when Cubs fans last played this game in 1945, they weren’t even able to include Butler or Cog Hill #4 in their lineups.  Other Chicago-area courses far, far on the horizon included Conway Farms, Rich Harvest and Black Sheep.

As we say, there’s always next year.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Steve Pozaric

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »

C'mon the Texas Rangers are DFW's team not just Dallas.  Afterall they play in Arlington.

I will give you DFW, but the parochial part of me couldn't agree to Ft Worth being included under a "Dallas" umbrella as under the thread title.   ;D
Steve Pozaric

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back