News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Phil McDade

Re: Why do Golf Week raters vote Whistling Straits #3 Modern?
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »
George:

Well, you've picked the most difficult hole out there, in some respects, for the wayward high-handicapper, who -- if you're anything like me ;D -- is all the more freaked out by water, and this is one with it on both sides.

I'm awfully reluctant to say this, but will boldly go forward anyway -- WS has always struck me as more playable than Blackwolf Run, which I have found to be quite penal for the wayward golfer. I don't think Mark's comments are off base here.

George Pazin

Re: Why do Golf Week raters vote Whistling Straits #3 Modern? New
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2010, 01:25:05 PM »
Phil, I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm saying his statement is amazing. But then again, my friends frequently tell me my game is weird.

As the saying goes, they play a game with which I am not familiar. :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:48:53 PM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

David Egan

Re: Why do Golf Week raters vote Whistling Straits #3 Modern?
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »
George:

Well, you've picked the most difficult hole out there, in some respects, for the wayward high-handicapper, who -- if you're anything like me ;D -- is all the more freaked out by water, and this is one with it on both sides.

I'm awfully reluctant to say this, but will boldly go forward anyway -- WS has always struck me as more playable than Blackwolf Run, which I have found to be quite penal for the wayward golfer. I don't think Mark's comments are off base here.

There is no question in my mind that WS is much more playable and fun than the River course.  I'm a pretty good player and I'm tired of getting the crap kicked out of me on the River.  I have little to no interest in ever playing that course again but I'll gladly play the Straits.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back