News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: Butler to go coed?
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 10:08:45 AM »
Phil,

What's the over/under on what Oprah would shoot at Butler?   8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Phil McDade

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 10:12:02 AM »
Phil,

What's the over/under on what Oprah would shoot at Butler?   8)

Are you asking: what's Gayle's handicap? ;D

jonathan_becker

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »
As most of you Chi guys know, the Butler range is part of the Village of Oak Brook.  Therefore, you can be hitting balls at the range and you'll see a few women walking the path behind the guys hitting balls.   From there, they can peek at #1, #10 tee and the short range, but that's it.

Tim Martin

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »
Well, it seems to me that lesbians certainly ARE relevant to the concept of the all-male golf club.  And it also seems to me that lesbians represent the perfect win win situation for a place like Butler.

One of the reasons all male clubs continue to exist is the persistent, albeit not often spoken, concern about innocent flirting that turns into purposeful flirting that turns into a hell of a lot more - whether it's with other members or the tennis pro or the golf pro or whatever. That's been going on forever in all sorts of social places, including golf clubs.  Hell, it happens within church groups!    But it destroys lives, friendships and families ... it's a legitimate issue.

Lesbians solve the problem!  If Butler were to admit a few lesbians, they could get their US Open. The members' wives wouldn't have anything to worry about. And the members themselves wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Butler should just give Ellen Degeneris a membership and be done with it. Their return on investment would be well north of two or three thousand percent...

Dave-I don`t think genius is too strong a word when describing that post. :D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:54:21 PM by Tim Martin »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back