News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

What a Great Start to the Year!!!
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »
The Masters this year was incredible.

The roars were back, great shots were plentiful, and there was plenty of drama throughout the entire tournament.

The best names in golf were at the top of the leaderboard while some old timers lurked as well.

For the first time ever, I think, I found myself actually rooting for Phil as he came up the eighteenth.  I mean, his shot on thirteen, his two - almost three - eagles in a row, just incredible stuff.

Tiger came back and made an admirable return.  His lack of focus on fourteen exemplified in my opinion, his week and the fact he hadn't played competatively in a long while.  Nonetheless, he hung in there and still produced some great shots.

Freddie was up the leaderboard the whole week, how awesome was that!?

I loved how the course was set up.  The gratifying eagles, the awesome birdies, and all that the course set up allowed to happen was off the charts and made the Masters thrilling and exciting coming down the back nine.

My hope is that the remaining majors can produce as good of a tournament as this years Masters.  Surely no other course in any major rota can live up to Augusta course-wise or tournament-wise, in my opinion, but if they can produce the tournament that Augusta did this year, we'll be in for a helluva year.

Good stuff, Augusta National.

Cheers,
Jordan

Garland Bayley

Re: What a Great Start to the Year!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »
George will tell you that Oakmont beats ANGC hands down in the majors rota. In the olden days, ANGC catered to the righty with a draw. Now we find any old lefty with a high fade can rule there even over the righties with a draw.

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »
Jordan-

It was really a great tournament. The two eagles Phil made on Saturday followed by the birdie was one fantastic few holes of golf...far more important for victory than his shot on 13 that he'll be remembered for.

That being said, I thought last year's Sunday was far more exciting.
H.P.S.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »

Agree Jordan. The big names do make a differance.

Anthony

C. Squier

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »
George will tell you that Oakmont beats ANGC hands down in the majors rota. In the olden days, ANGC catered to the righty with a draw. Now we find any old lefty with a high fade can rule there even over the righties with a draw.

Huh?  There was never a lefty that could even remotely compare to the talent Mickelson has.  I hope I'm just not getting the sarcasm...

J_ Crisham

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »

Garland,  If memory serves me at least 2 prominent winners of "olden days" were Nicklaus and another fella by the name of Hogan who played fades,power fades. They won how many ? 8 if I remember correctly. Secondly Mickelson is possibly the best Lefty the game has ever seen- his talent level is equal to Tigers -unfortunately his brain is the size of  a thimble at times! ;) Just my two cents worth.                         Jack

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back