News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Julian Wise

I am going down to the Jupiter/Palm Beach area and have been able to get on Seminole (I have never played and am obviously very excited about playing the course).  I can play another 18 holes and have access to either Bear's Club or Dye Perserve.  Which of these two is the better course to play?  Also, any advice about playing Seminole?  Thanks.

Dean Stokes

Re: Bear's Club or Dye Preserve--also advice about playing Seminole
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 05:09:44 PM »
Both are very good. Both are in great condition.

Advice on playing Seminole? Enjoy every minute of the 'whole' experience.  Take time to look around as you walk. It is very hard to see everything it has to offer in one play.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »
you would enjoy both, very different courses, Bear's club is much harder than Seminole. Dye Preserve is a redo by Dye of an older course and an excellent redo. Coin toss
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Dean Stokes

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »
One more bit of advice on Seminole - sharpen up your short game!!!!
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Robert Emmons

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »
After Seminole I would play the Bears Club if you had to pick one....RHE

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »
After Seminole I would play the Bears Club if you had to pick one....RHE

I agree although I would probably prefer Jupiter Hills or Medalist as a 2nd course.

Seminole is a lot of fun.  Through out your yardage book if its windy, it's a great test of hitting shots into or around wind.  You can have 150 yard shots and play a 5 iron or wedge.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back