News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Michael Taylor

New member introduction: Michael Taylor
« on: January 01, 2010, 07:43:09 PM »
Hello GCA,

This is my first post, which will hopefully be the first of many.

My name is Michael Taylor (most people call me Pup) and I am a student living in Sydney, Australia. I've always been interested in the study of golf course architecture, and I envy many of you that get to do it for a living. I imagine it must be one of the most satisfying experiences seeing your work come to fruition.

While I am only a 15 year old kid, I still believe that I will be able to add my valued opinion to this wonderful discussion board. I am a fairly decent golfer and I'd like to give professional golf a shot first as my career, but if that doesn't work out I'd love to be able to do this for a living. I'm a member of the New South Wales Golf Club, so if anybody is in the area, your always welcome for a hit with me.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to getting started on here, but I think I'll take it nice and easy at first to get acquainted with the place among all you very knowledgeable people.

Thank you,

Pup

Mac Plumart

Re: New member introduction: Michael Taylor
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 07:58:39 PM »
Michael...

Best of luck with the Professional golf aspirations.  That would be excellent.

I don't know if you saw it, but there was a great thread awhile back entitled Golf Course Architects' tour of Australia.

I am sure the participants on that thread would love to hear your thoughts on the courses they checked out.

Welcome!

Mac 
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 07:59:55 PM »
Welcome Pup, hope your enjoy our banter.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Michael Taylor

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »
Michael...

Best of luck with the Professional golf aspirations.  That would be excellent.

I don't know if you saw it, but there was a great thread awhile back entitled Golf Course Architects' tour of Australia.

I am sure the participants on that thread would love to hear your thoughts on the courses they checked out.

Welcome!

Mac 

Sure have Mac. I've been lurking here for 2 years or so here now.

I'll check it out sometime.

Pup

Scott Henderson

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
Welcome Pup.  It is good to have some younger people on the site.  Now Jordan can consider himself "old."

Derek Dirksen

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 11:04:58 AM »
Welcome, look forward to hearing your opinions.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 12:26:40 PM »

Michael

Welcome and glad to see you have come onboard after 2 years on fence sitting. Right or wrong jump in with your opinions and points of view, you are as important as the next person. Don't let the name calling get to you. That just shows the weakness of their argument.

There are many on here that have many good things to say and some with a great sense of humour.

Feel free to use the internal mail or e-mail not just with me but many others who I am certain will be willing to help or assist you in your search for information.

Have fun and enjoy both the site, the Members and your game of golf.

My best wishes for an entertaining experience here on GCA.com

Melvyn   

Scott Warren

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »
G'day MT,

Always good to have more Sydneysiders!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 01:36:15 PM »
Welcome aboard, Michael, what's your opinion of New South Wales?   :o ;D

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 03:55:26 PM »
Oh no! They obviously let anybody in these days.

Hey, are you going to have time to take some Royal Queensland pics when you’re up there.

ed_getka

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 05:57:24 PM »
Welcome Michael. There'll be a couple of GCA'ers roaming around the course on Monday if you see any strange faces. Kevin Pallier and Ash Towe will be doing their best to set a new course record. :)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Scott Warren

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 06:09:06 PM »
The only records KP will be setting will be at the halfway house! ;D

John Mayhugh

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 03:51:26 PM »
I'm a member of the New South Wales Golf Club, so if anybody is in the area, your always welcome for a hit with me.

Hold that thought until March 2011!

Welcome to the site. 

Michael Taylor

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 08:18:03 AM »
Thank you all.  :)

Ed,

Didn't see any strange looking people today, so I guess I must have missed them.  ;) Unless they were riding in a cart, looking like father and son?

Andrew,

;D Ran is very lenient nowadays with regards to who gets in. E.g You. Also I've taken 173 pics of RQ which I hope to put into a review tomorrow or some other time.

Cheers John. BTW on another golf forum I signed myself up as "ParMaster" as my username. Then one day I played with a fellow member who then started referring to me as PuppetMaster. Andrew then shortened it to 'Pup', because he said I bear a slight resemblance to Michael Clarke, the Australian Cricketer.

Pup  ;)

P.S  Can someone tell me how to multi-quote, if that is a feature here..  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:20:07 AM by Michael Taylor »

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 01:47:23 AM »
Welcome Michael. There'll be a couple of GCA'ers roaming around the course on Monday if you see any strange faces. Kevin Pallier and Ash Towe will be doing their best to set a new course record. :)

Michael

Welcome aboard - I should have read this thread earlier so we could have hooked up for a game  :-[

I was the one out there giving directions and taking photos of a Kiwi dressed in a green Ballyneal shirt and black Bandon hat who gave a good account of himself after seeing the layout for the first time.

In him - I think we have at least a visitor who really likes the course  ;D

Ed

It brought back some wonderful memories and we talked about our golfing trips with you. Maybe one day we can all get together in the USA at the same time ? Here's hoping that may come true as we were planning another assault to your country  8)

Scott

Unfortunately the half-way house was closed otherwise it would have got a workout :'(

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 03:40:08 AM »
Andrew then shortened it to 'Pup', because he said I bear a slight resemblance to Michael Clarke, the Australian Cricketer.

Michael, you don’t look like Michael Clark (although, you swing like Tim Clark), it was more in reference to having a lot of talent at an early age. A term of endearment, as you will.

Nice to see you on here, Pup.

Andrew Thomson

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 04:17:51 AM »
I wish I was as interested in golf course architecture (and as knowledgeable) as Pup when I was 15.  It would have made some of the time spent in the UK and US significantly more interesting, if thats possible!

Glad you liked RQ, look forward to the rest of the review.  I'll be out there this week for another look, so will have to take the camera.

Michael Taylor

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
Andrew then shortened it to 'Pup', because he said I bear a slight resemblance to Michael Clarke, the Australian Cricketer.

Michael, you don’t look like Michael Clark (although, you swing like Tim Clark), it was more in reference to having a lot of talent at an early age. A term of endearment, as you will.

Nice to see you on here, Pup.

Yeah that's what I meant.

I'm an early bloomer.  :D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back