News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel_Stewart

Re: The Pine Forest/Dormie Club Saga Continues
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:35:26 PM »
I can't see who the proposed architects are for the 36 hole development.  I'm not sure if this is the same development that wants two Jack Nicklaus courses???

I find it hard to believe any developer now days will go with the same architect for both courses.  Just shows the lack of experience, and knowledge on building a really great facility.

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 03:29:16 PM »
Maybe it's just me but considering all the issues the owner has had with building the Dormie Club, wouldn't you try to get that up and running a profit before you took a further risk in building another 36 hole development???

I don't get it.
H.P.S.

Chris Buie

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 10:01:11 AM »
This reminds me a little bit of the course Palmer built here in Pinehurst: Pinehurst Plantation.  After much fanfare and the initial building of the course it proceeded to be abandoned for something like 2 or 3 years.  Right there on Midland Rd - the main boulevard between Pinehurst and Southern Pines.  So after it sat there growing very tall weeds for a few years they finally finished the course, but that didn't quite work either.  So another company came in and now it is called Mid South.  It seems to be doing well.  Just another example of a curious evolution of a course. 
I'm not sure how Dormie will end up, but despite the puzzling business path, this area is going to end up having a C&C course here.  I'm very happy about that.

Steve D

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »
Has there been any clarification on whether it will be public or private?  I've heard both.

Steve

Chris Buie

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 10:18:34 AM »
Steve, I hear a pretty good amount of talk about Dormie, but I think it would probably be kind of bad form for me to repeat these things here.  I'm not sure anyone knows exactly how it will end up but I will say I'll be suprised if it ends up being public.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
We have a few contributors on here that have a good feel for the facts. I look forward to hearing them.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back