News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

GBoring

Walter Travis Society
« on: May 15, 2010, 09:21:52 AM »
The Walter Travis Society had their Spring Meeting yesterday at the CC of Scranton.  About 25 members praticipated in the day which turned out to be a great weather day after some morning rain.  It is great to have so many people with the the knowldge of Mr. Travis all in one area.  Since this is only my third year on a Travis course I am still trying to gain as much knowlege about Mr. Travis as possible.  Thank you all that attended.  I know a few of you are on this site. 

Kye Goalby

Re: Walter Travis Society
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
Greg,

I just got a phone call yesterday from a friend raving about the  original greens there and telling me to get to Scranton.  Looks like CC of Scranton is now near the top of places I have to see.  Love all the Travis greens/courses I have already seen, so I hope to find time to get to Scranton this summer.

Eric Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »
Those greens do look fun, judging from the photos in this thread....http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41431.msg878327/

This tee area adjacent to the clubhouse gets my blood pumping.  Just perfect imo.

Jeff Loh

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »
Sell your sons, daughters cats and dogs! Go play CC of Scranton! Fun golf..esp if you don't mind four putting. Tree removal amazing and a set of greens second to none. Greg needs to be applauded as the course is in fine shape as well. Should be interesting to see what Fazio's group does with the bunkers. Thanks Greg!
Jeff

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »
There is something of a Travis Trail in PA and NY, not counting metro NYC.  Near Buffalo, you find Lookout Point and Cherry Hill (Ontario), Orchard Park and Stafford (Buffalo), 1/2 of Pennhills (Bradford, PA) Yahnundasis (near Rome, NY) and Scranton.  In addition, Grover Cleveland Muni (Buffalo), nee CC of Buffalo (site of 1912 US Open) was rede by Travis in preparation for the Open and features a few greens that, were they up speed, would be nearly unputtable.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back