News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

J_ Crisham

Chicago GCAer's Golf on Good Friday
« on: March 28, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
Fellow Chicago GCAer's:
                          Given the sacrifices our Lord  made for us I suggest we get together and pay homage in his name at Ravisloe this Friday afternoon perhaps at 1:30 PM. My assumption is that many of you will be taking the day/afternoon off. The forecast is 70 degrees and sunny. The early season rate is only $49 per player walking. Given the forecast this week in Chicago, the turf should be firming up.  I hope we can put together a couple of foursomes to kick off our golf season in 2010.
                                                                                           Thanks in advance,            Jack

.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:17:31 PM by Jack Crisham »

Phil McDade

Re: Chicago GCAer's Golf on Good Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
Jack:

Oh, shoot -- I've been wanting to get down to Ravisloe. Unfortunately, I'm headed to points west and north this coming week -- scouting out colleges for the HS junior. Otherwise I'd be joining you. Have fun -- someone please take a camera and post pics!

Phil

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
Very tempting! However my Company is one that gives me MLK, President's Day, and Veterans Day off, but not Good Friday (unlike my Wife's Company).

Have a great time...can't wait for the warm weather!!
H.P.S.

PThomas

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »
Jack, i think that will work for me...will doublecheck my work schedule and get back to you asap

thanks for doing this

pt
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Steve Salmen

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 07:36:59 PM »
Jack,  I played Rav today.  I will let you about Fri in a day or so.  The golf course is in good condition.  Great idea.

Chris Flamion

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:27:07 PM »
Jack I would love to go, but my wife and I will be in Galena....

Thanks for the invite though

Phil McDade

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 09:40:23 PM »
Jack I would love to go, but my wife and I will be in Galena....

Hey Chris:

Who's buried in Grant's tomb?

Dan Moore

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 10:40:10 PM »
Great idea though I already have plans to play at Deal on Friday.  It will be warmer here.  I'm very happy golf season is finally here.  Amen. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Mark Smolens

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »
Wish I could join you, but I think Saguaro's on tap for Friday. . .  shorts and sandals for a few days at least!

Tim Nugent

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »
Nice thought Jack but I'll be in St. Pete, make a birdie for me.  At least no April Fools snow this year ;0)
Coasting is a downhill process

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »
I will happen to be in Chicago this coming weekend, and that would have been a great treat...but alas, I will be touring downtown with my little critters instead.

Have a great time!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

J_ Crisham

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 09:46:01 PM »
Any last minute additional players interested? Will make the tee time tomorrow for Friday at approximately 1:30pm. So far it's myself, Andrew Lewis, Paul Thomas. We would enjoy a 4th-  78 and sunny -turf should be quite firm for this time of year.
                                                                          Thanks,  Jack

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 12:40:23 AM »
Mark,

Dan will be in waterproofs and it promises to be breezy tomorrow, lets hope it improves for our heath fest - Walton Heath, Sunningdale, St Georges Hill & Swinley - next week!!

I look forward to the 2011 Flossmoor member/guest and some more great Chicago golf.

Have a great season.

Chappers
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:42:22 AM by Mark Chaplin »
Cave Nil Vino

Jud_T

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »
Jack,

Good call and I'd love to go however this year Good Friday falls during spring break and I'll be overpaying to see what little Raynor if any is left at Waialae...Have fun at my new favorite Chitown public....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

J_ Crisham

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »
We have four at 1:48 pm for Ravisloe. Andrew Lewis, Dave Schmidt, Paul Thomas, and Myself. Look forward to seeing you guys-should be a beautiful day.  See you guys then,         Jack

PThomas

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
We have four at 1:48 pm for Ravisloe. Andrew Lewis, Dave Schmidt, Paul Thomas, and Myself. Look forward to seeing you guys-should be a beautiful day.  See you guys then,         Jack

thanks again Jack!

199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Matthew Sander

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 04:29:59 PM »
Enjoy yourselves fellas, I would have loved to join you and meet some more GCAers. Alas we are on the way to the in-laws for the weekend. I had the pleasure of meeting and playing with Paul T. and Chris Flamion last weekend; it was a blast (especially beers in the Playboy Grotto afterward...)

Matt

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back