News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Re: BUDA CUP VIII - 2010: A possibility
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »
I'm 99% for Sept I was on the fence as I couldn't do May or June.
Cave Nil Vino

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 03:31:09 PM »
Judging by how many hits this thread has I am guessing we have heard from nearly all the folks who are interested in this trip.  Here are the folks have showing an interest:

S Arble
J Boon
I Dickson
C Disher
S Dodd
J Fairey
C Gamble
P Gawith
R Goodale
M Whitaker
R Hiseman
J Mayhugh
B McBride
A Mitchel
T Muldoon
G Payne
M Pearce
B Phillips
B Stephens
J Topp
S Warren

Given that some on this list won't come and some others will come, I reckon 20 is a decent number to use for preliminary booking.  I will leave it like this for a few more days and see if any more folks come out of the woodwork to tip the balance up before entering into serious negotiations.

Ciao

Joe Buehler will probably come.  John Kinnear (Alwoodley vet) will be interested.  24 is a better number for the matches if you can get the tee times.

I do hope so Bill, I am always completely gobsmacked that so many 'mercans make the effort to travel all this way, just to play golf with ME!  Their prescence is at the the heart of what makes it a special event.

It would also be great to see Nick Leefe, Jim goby and Peter Mallelieu(sp?) there.  Sean I think this group has legs.
Let's make GCA grate again!

mike_malone

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »
 I think some may be in my situation----too early to commit. I've got two weddings next year and need to finesse this one a little.So, I suggest an attempt at a number with some flexibility.
AKA Mayday

Andy Levett

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 03:55:29 PM »
Another definite here.
For me, coming back to golf, getting on the internet and finding this website all happened at roughly the same time and one of the real 'shocks of the new' was reading the original course profile of Pennard - this apparently awesome course just a few hours away I'd never heard of.
Ran took that course profile down when he uploaded Sean's My Home Course piece, presumably because he thought Sean's excellent and detailed essay rendered it redundant.
Both are well worth a read if you haven't seen them.
Old GCA Course profile (courtesy of the Wayback machine) http://web.archive.org/web/20041205041135/www.golfclubatlas.com/pennard1.html
Sean's My Home Course article: http://golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/pennard-golf-club

tlavin

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 03:58:56 PM »
I'm in.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 04:07:31 PM »

I do hope so Bill, I am always completely gobsmacked that so many 'mercans make the effort to travel all this way, just to play golf with ME!  Their prescence is at the the heart of what makes it a special event.

It would also be great to see Nick Leefe, Jim goby and Peter Mallelieu(sp?) there.  Sean I think this group has legs.

It's not so "gobsmacking" if you figure that (1) there are Americans familiar with links golf who will seek any opportunity to head your way; (2) except for Bandon and Ballyneal there isn't much links golf in the USA; and (3) BUDA presents a perfect opportunity to play reasonably formal links golf matches AND listen to funny accents while learning about the evils of Pimm at the same time!

ward peyronnin

Re: BUDA CUP VIII - 2010: Update
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 10:17:05 PM »
Sean

I am in. How do i secure a spot. I haven't figured out how to surmount the " not every profile allows access rejoinder when i hit your link

Cheers
Ward  peyronnin
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Bill_McBride

Re: BUDA CUP VIII - 2010: Update
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 11:51:16 PM »
Sean

I am in. How do i secure a spot. I haven't figured out how to surmount the " not every profile allows access rejoinder when i hit your link

Cheers
Ward  peyronnin

Ward, there is another Buda thread, still on page 1 I think, where the first post is details including Sean Arble's address to send the required $160 deposit.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back