News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Hate signature courses, here's your chance to be heard
« on: October 12, 2009, 01:39:19 AM »

The Sports Illustrated/Golf Magazine weekly round table concluded today that the greatest idea they have ever come up with was that Tiger should design the Olympic course for Rio. Most of you guess are way more articulate than I am. You can post your comments to their article at

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1929730,00.html
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tom Yost

Re: Hate signature courses, here's your chance to be heard
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
Has anyone played a Tiger Woods designed golf course?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:48:18 AM »
Damn!  I was supposed to participate in that roundtable, but had to cancel because I changed my travel date home.  That one would have been fun to comment on.

Mike_Young

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 09:54:27 AM »
I have not played a TW course but as of last week the world is based on expectations..... ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Martin Toal

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 11:14:50 AM »
In Tiger's case, this is about branding rather than architecture, surely?

Rob Rigg

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 12:30:12 PM »
The Learning Center idea that was mentioned is interesting - especially if it is similar to what Tiger did in SoCal.

Of course Tiger does not have to design the course to put a learning center there - I prefer Bamberger's C&C idea.

Funniest comment was the guy who said - "They should just build a replica of the best 18 holes in golf"

Oh, that would be easy to determine and implement, and I am sure that the routing would flow nicely as well.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »
Damn!  I was supposed to participate in that roundtable, but had to cancel because I changed my travel date home.  That one would have been fun to comment on.

Would Tom Doak consider applying to design the Olympic course in Brazil? Why or why not?

I think they will end up with a Rees Jones, T. Fazio, or J. Nicklause design as they create tour courses.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back