News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Coniidential Guide Cover
« on: October 03, 2009, 07:53:29 AM »

Just recieved my own copy of the Confidential Guide. What course is on the cover?

Anthony

Mark Pritchett

Re: Coniidential Guide Cover
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:42 AM »
Anthony,

I believe it is your favorite course!

Brian Phillips

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »
8th at Cruden Bay
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Anthony Gray

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 12:08:21 PM »
8th at Cruden Bay

WE HAVE A WINNER.......Just another tribute to the greatness of Cruden Bay.

Anthony

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 04:17:13 PM »

Just recieved my own copy of the Confidential Guide. What course is on the cover?

Anthony

Show Off !

Anthony Gray

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 04:22:53 PM »

Anthony

Show Off !

Brain

It is actually for my friend because I drooled on his. ........I now have his old one.......he gets the new one with the cover....I can't help it I sleep with my mouth open. I was forced to replace his.

Anthony

Chuck Brown

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:49 PM »
Has Tom Doak ever shared the story of the Yellow Lab on the cover?  We touched on it very briefly, in a thread about dogs on courses.  But I don't think he ever said anything in particular about that picture.
Tom was kind enough at that time to share with us the story of his own dog and the romps they had at Crystal Downs; I indicated to Tom that the dustjacket cover photo of Cruden Bay was one of my favorite pictures in all of golf literature.  It really does say, golf is "a good walk enhanced."

Tom_Doak

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 11:54:28 PM »
Chuck:

There's no particular story to that photo of the 8th at Cruden Bay.  When I lived in the UK there were many courses where dogs were welcome to walk along with their golfing masters.  However, most of my photography was done early morning / late evening, when there were relatively few people OR dogs on the course.  The golfer and dog at Cruden Bay happened to be an exception, so I took their picture, and it's always been one of my favorite pictures.

P.S.  I'm in the airport lounge at Narita (Tokyo), so my self-imposed GCA exile is almost complete.

DMoriarty

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 12:11:14 AM »

Anthony

Show Off !

The person who should be showing off is the person who sold it to him.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back