News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin_Reilly

Congrats, Pat...great to hear.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Mike Benham

There's something about competition, especially tournament golf that's quite unique.

It's hard to explain, but, it's really quite different from competitive rounds with your friends or fellow club members.

Not playing in competitive events more often hurt.

One gains a competitive edge with repetitive tournament play.

Well done Patrick, and these comments above, no truer words have been spoken ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tiger_Bernhardt

Great playing Pat. I must say better than your Irish in fact.

Patrick_Mucci

Great playing Pat. I must say better than your Irish in fact.

Tiger,

As the Zen Master said, "we'll see"

The other great thing about tournaments is the people, the competitiors, those running the tournament and the club's staff.

The great majority of golfers and tournament golfers are terrific people, especially in the senior events where all of the competitors have gone through the gamut of life's experiences.

Those running the tournament, from the professional staff to the volunteers are also terrific people, dedicated to the game.

And last, but not least, the hosting club's staff understand that the tournament is a special event and an opportunity for the club to be a great host to competitors and administrators alike.

All and all, it's always a great experience to compete in an event irrespective of one's personal results.

There's something really, really special about competitions, the desire to beat everyone on the field of play while at the same time exercising good sportsmanship and gentlemenly conduct.  And then, after the round, getting together in the spirit of comraderie.

I was never a fan of the "Hogan like" persona

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back