News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

Re: Keiser to invest in Askernish?
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »

Tiger

Just for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgXVPclwFy8
Its not Askernish but something to dream about on the flight over ;)

Melvyn

Steve Salmen

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
I have an awesome wife.  We spent our first anniversary on South Uist and played two thoroughly enjoyable rounds at Askernish.  I will post pics and commentary soon.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 01:29:13 PM »
Just wondering: I was reading an article about another course in the OH (Lewis Is.) in which it said their members could not play golf on the Sabbath but non-members could. Does that happen on SU?
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »

Jim

No Sunday Golf at Stornoway.  They tried to have the ban lifted last year but failed. I submitted a letter to the Factor in support of Sunday Golf on behalf of Stornoway GC. However, it does differ from place to place.

Melvyn

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 01:37:49 PM »
Melyvn,
Yes, I think that's the course, but the article said that you could play on Sunday if you were not a member, but that the members weren't allowed this same privilege.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:51:51 PM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

James Boon

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 01:42:57 PM »
I have an awesome wife.  We spent our first anniversary on South Uist and played two thoroughly enjoyable rounds at Askernish.  I will post pics and commentary soon.

Why is everyone beating me to posting picture threads at the moment  ::) How can I put you off for a month and beat you to it?  ;D It will be my second anniversary when I'm there, but my wife will be bird watching while I play.
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Jason McNamara

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »
Just wondering: I was reading an article about another course in the OH (Lewis Is.) in which it said their members could not play golf on the Sabbath but non-members could. Does that happen on SU?

I think Lewis is the main holdout in this regard.  However, there are even some changes there.  CalMac (amid grumbling) just added Sunday sailings from Stornoway to Ullapool.

Chris Buie

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »
Since this discussion has widened to include the Hebrides I have to say that it is a pity there is not a course around Loch Buie on Mull.
 :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back