News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JSPayne

Re: Golf Blog Roll
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 10:14:28 AM »
My pleasure Chris....and well done.

Seems maintenance blogs are actually becoming really popular. The golfers here (and especially my close friends and family) love get the "behind the scenes" updates. I still can't get on the Twitter bandwagon though.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings

Scott Warren

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »
A mate of mine calls it Twatter, and I find it hard to argue...

Chris Tritabaugh

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 12:59:30 PM »
Seems maintenance blogs are actually becoming really popular. The golfers here (and especially my close friends and family) love get the "behind the scenes" updates. I still can't get on the Twitter bandwagon though.

I was very skeptical when my sister, who works in marketing, suggested I start a Twitter account for the course. I didn't really see any point to it. But I now have a Twitter account (nccturf) and I LOVE using it. I see so many things on the course that I think are interesting and I want to let the membership know about. Trouble is, finding the time to put a photo on the blog or even remembering to do it two hours later when I get back to the shop, can be tough. Now, I see something of note I take a photo with my phone and tweet it. I use tweed, which has a GPS feature. If I want to make a note of a specific place on the course I can add a google maps location. I use Twitterfeed to link my blog posts to Twitter and also have my Twitter account linked to show up on my blog. I keep most of the tweets relevant to the golf course or turf management but I occasionally tweet something about our daughter or other courses I might see or play. I have a few members who follow my account but there are probably a lot who follow on the blog as well.

Its fun for me to do, good information for the membership and good exposure for the Club.   

JSPayne

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 04:30:54 PM »
Wow.....I had to reread that last post Chris to make sure you were speaking English.....all the twitts, and tweets I almost thought you were imitating a bird!  ;)

Honestly, I'm a young guy, and I already feel like I'm on techonology and information overload on a regular basis. Phones that take pictures that you can send to entire familes and golf memberships that also post to the web that also GPS the location and log it to a Google map that also play "Zippity Doo Dah" that also remind you to eat lunch in 10 minutes that also distract you with Pinball Wizard that also..............?????????

Trust me, I can't say I haven't benefited from new techonlogy and communication.....but I seriously see the "sci-fi technology effects" of Minority Report just around the corner.......

Slightly scary.

On a more positive note, congrats to you for keeping up with the times and trends!  ;D

P.S. Chris.....check out my new post "Slightly OT - Golf course GPS".....you may be able to answer my question.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:37:29 PM by JSPayne »
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings

Carl Nichols

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 07:11:40 PM »

Matt Bosela

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 11:17:45 PM »
One of the most consistently funny blogs I've ever read is the Reluctant Jam Boy but it's been put to rest by the author, Tom Collins.  Still, if you're ever looking for a laugh, go back and read through his archive.

I keep my own blog as well called Now on the Tee - basically just writeups about my great golf experiences along with weekly updates on the progress (or lack thereof) of my game.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back