News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Copeland

RJ_Daley

Re: Fire destroys Idaho Club Clubhouse
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »
It sounds like a fire investigator's wet dream...  ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Paul OConnor

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »
Maybe the clubhouse got hit by Greek Lightning.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »
The article is dated Friday.... the fire destroyed it on Thursday night. 

The building was fully insured and owners of the property intend to rebuild – and even enhance - the clubhouse that housed a full restaurant, bar and lounge, and beautiful deck overlooking the Pack River.

Maybe that is the fastest board meeting in history...  ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 01:39:40 PM »

The building was fully insured and owners of the property intend to rebuild – and even enhance - the clubhouse that housed a full restaurant, bar and lounge, and beautiful deck overlooking the Pack River.

Your such a cynic RJ...

On a side note, after the mysterious Gorse fires in Bandon, was T. Doak spotted in northern idaho recently.   ;D

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 01:48:36 PM »
... it was the worst case of spontaneous combustion I ever saw...

Sam Maryland

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 02:04:47 PM »

memo from the board:

"but until the current financial crisis subsides and the membership rolls start to grow again we are bringing in a double-wide to serve as the clubhouse...

...in the meantime, due to an unanticipated capital infusion (wink wink), we are pleased to tell the membership that we don't expect any budgetary gaps or assessments for the forseeable future."

;-)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
...fire investigators pointed to the men's toilet area where they thought the suspicious fire had been started, but due to the total loss, had nothing left to go on...

Adam Jeselnick

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 02:36:49 PM »
Sorry to see a clubhouse go up in smoke... this is the 2nd in a 250-mile radius in the past two weeks: 
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/901/story/430678.html

This does, however, bring up a more relevant and serious point... as a question to all private club members: how critical were the clubhouse facilities to your decision to join the club?  Knowing the significant operating expense to the club, what do you think are the minium requirements for a clubhouse that would still meet the majority of member needs? (I know this varies from golf course to golf course, but let's assume a course associated with a residential development with mostly primary residents).

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »
I've eaten there a few times.  It was a wonderful log cabin lodge that had a restaurant serving excellent meals.  The clubhouse may have been better than the course (although I have not played the new JN nine).  JC

Kalen Braley

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »
The courses' prior name "Hidden Lakes" was very appropriate..needless to say when playing the original course it was always important to bring at least 2-3 sleeves of balls!  ;D

The location is just awsome though, not far from gorgeous Lake Pend Orielle.  An interesting tidbit on the lake....after the attack on Peal Harbor in WWII it became the primary naval training ground due to its depths, over 1100 feet in some spots . Its used by the Navy to this day for prototype submarine testing.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
Kalen - I'm in my 29th year of working at the parent command of that Pend O'Rielle Navy Base (Bayview).  I've spent countless days in Bayview....  I remember when Hidden Lakes was built.  JC

Andy Troeger

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:28 PM »
Has anyone had the chance to play The Idaho Club? I'm planning to get up there later this summer so just curious.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »

memo from the board:

"but until the current financial crisis subsides and the membership rolls start to grow again we are bringing in a double-wide to serve as the clubhouse...

...in the meantime, due to an unanticipated capital infusion (wink wink), we are pleased to tell the membership that we don't expect any budgetary gaps or assessments for the forseeable future."

;-)

After Hurricane Ivan destroyed our aged clubhouse at Pensacola CC  ;D , we brought in a TRIPLE WIDE.  It was a good time for the club, very much together as there was no men's grill, no locker rooms, just one simple dining area with a simple menu.  Pretty much what I would look for in a golf club, no frills, great course.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back