News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Cenci

Princeville - Prince Course
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:25:34 PM »
Anyone have any more info about the course for me?  Specifically when is / isn't their season?  I recently played there and while I enjoyed the back nine had a lot of trouble getting over how absolutely wet the course was.  I didn't know if it was a product of maintenance issues or the time of year I played.  Any information would be helpful.

-Brian

Anthony_Nysse

Re: Princeville - Prince Course
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »
Brian,
  My boss just left to go to the same island the Princeville is on and he commented that that part of the island is usually rainy this time of year...for what it's worth.

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Matt Bosela

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 09:57:04 PM »
Generally speaking, Kauai is the rainiest island in Hawaii if I'm not mistaken.

I honeymooned at Princeville a couple years back in early November '06 and two days before I played the Prince, over 11" of rain fell in the area.  The conditioning certainly wasn't great, as I noted on my blog that the fairways were patchy, the greens shaggy and slow and the bunkers were in rough shape.  Not sure if it's a drainage problem or not but you'd think they would have thought of that when building a course on the rainy North Shore.

Like you, I enjoyed the back nine much more than the uninspiring front, with only the 1st, 6th and 7th of note on the outgoing side.  I'm glad I played it when there, I enjoy looking at my pictures but have no aching desire to play it again.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:24:33 AM »
I played there last week and it was generally dry except for a few spots.  The northern part of the island does recieve quite a bit of rain, compared to say Lihue or Poipu.  They are well aware of the conditioning problems and are experimenting with certain ways to correct it including a new grass.

When the Makai course is complete with its renovations I would bet they will do something with the Prince course.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back