News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

Shiskine golf course
« on: June 05, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »
in the latest Links mag, George Peper raves about this 12 holer on the island of Arran....anyone played there?
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Rich Goodale

Re: Shiskine golf course
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 06:36:42 AM »
Many of us have played it.  Try the search engine for sample opinions.  Here's one set:  http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,25327.msg470305/topicseen/

IMO, it's a fun course with a lot of quirk that is the only "must play" if you find yourself on Arran, which you will not do by accident.....

Phil McDade

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:03:58 AM »
Paul:

Funky and quirky -- lots of fun, I played it as part of an itinerary that took me through Arran (via the Cal-Mac ferry system) on my way to Machrihanish. Arran has seven courses, some 9, some 18, and the fun 12-holer Shiskine. Arran is a really cool place -- sometimes called Scotland in minature, the southern half of the island is relatively flat while the northern half is quite rugged. As fun as Shiskine is, the best single view on a golf course on Arran is at the 9-hole Corrie course, where the second tee shot finds you staring though a valley with Goat Fell, the island's tallest peak, looming in the distance. But Shiskine is the best course on the island.

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 09:27:04 AM »
Paul

Some pictures of my trip to Shiskine are at replies #17 & 21 here:
http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,37937.msg784379/
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Garland Bayley

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Rich Goodale

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »
Garland

That's the same thread Andrew referred to directly above your post.  It's a good thread, but not so great as to be posted twice......

Rich

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:20:25 AM »
Garland

That's the same thread Andrew referred to directly above your post.  It's a good thread, but not so great as to be posted twice......

Rich

Rihc,

I think you need a lobotomy.
 ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back