News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Troy Alderson

Reames GCC, Klamath Falls, OR
« on: May 22, 2009, 08:51:53 AM »
FYI everyone,

I was absent for many many months trying to make a living after a failed attempt at golf course maintenance equipment sales. I am now at Reames GCC in Klamath Falls, Oregon as the assistant golf course supeirntendent. Plan to be here a few years, become a supeirntendent again somewhere, get certified, and make a difference. It's great to be back here on GCA.com.

As for Reames, what a hidden gem. fast and firm all the way tee to green. We are struggling with poa a little as it slows the greens down, but still average 10+. The terrain is undulating, but it has too many trees and many are starting to die off. Very little water is used here in the high desert of southern Oregon at 4200 feet. Greens are dominated by bentgrass with a little poa scattered about. Interestingly though is that the better of the two nines is the top nine with the quick coupler irrigation system. The bottom nine has a wall to wall irrigation system. Both nines play fast and firm, but the top nine is the better design with larger greens and not just crop circles like the bottom nine.

Great to be back on GCA.com

Troy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:53:55 AM by Troy Alderson »

Dan Herrmann

Re: Reames GCC, Klamath Falls, OR
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:25:53 AM »
Troy,
Do you have any more info - Architect / year opened / pictures?

KFalls is a neat little town. 

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 02:13:34 PM »
H Chandler Egan, 1929. Welcome back, Troy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:15:20 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Troy Alderson

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 12:11:20 PM »
H Chandler Egan, 1929. Welcome back, Troy.

Thank you Peter and good to see/hear from yoy again. I will do some research on the top nine architect.

The bunkers need to be rebuilt, they are just old and worn out. The bottom side green complexes should be rebuilt also to match the top side better. Some additional tees would be nice too. Other than that the clubhouse is modest and new, and the irrigation system and maintenance area should be upgraded to current standards.

I will try to post some pictures soon.

Troy

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 01:33:02 PM »
Troy,
Looks like it was Robert Baldock in 1966. He was a protege of William P Bell.

Troy Alderson

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »
Troy,
Looks like it was Robert Baldock in 1966. He was a protege of William P Bell.

Thanks Pete,

I thought the top side of RGCC reminded of the front nine of Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Forest Hills CC. Must be why I like the design.

Troy

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back