News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: 'Where Golf Is Great' for $19.95
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 10:13:11 PM »
As noted on another thread, "WGIG" was the 2006 winner of the USGA's Herbert Warren Wind Award for outstanding book of the year.  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:06:03 PM by David_Tepper »

john_stiles

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 10:30:44 PM »

It is a wonderful coffee table.  Some great  Lambrecht photos of the lesser knowns.

A couple of nice photos of Machrie showing how wild and wooly the course can be !

jeffwarne

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 10:49:31 PM »
David:

Fine book for the pics and the different locales that were visited but the course analysis is on the lite side of things. Don't expect any Doak-isms from Jim F.

I've got all of Finnegan's other guides and I found them very helpful (particularly before Al Gore and I invented the internet ::))
Doak's CG was very useful as well.
Sure there are parts of Finegan's books to skip right over, but it's a lot of information at your fingertips.
However, I must say TD has ranked some courses in the UK as "2"'s and "3"s that my groups and I thoroughly enjoyed, so I clearly tend to look at things from a slightly less than architectural perspective. ;D

Nice to hear Finnegan's new book has pictures-I must admit that the UK and Irish websites have great pictures(usually of each hole) and usually that's where my final decisions are made ;D
Gotta get that book for $20

Edit- So I go to the website, look at the book (looks familiar)..sure enough it's already on my shelf! ??? :o ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:29:38 AM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

PCCraig

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 10:49:49 AM »
I decided to try to get a couple couple for friends' upcoming birthdays (@ $20 its a nice deal). But the Border's website still has it listed @ $60.

Has it been commonplace that they are located on the clearance tables at evey Borders?

Thanks.
H.P.S.

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »
Bookcloseouts.com has it for $19.99... with free shipping through 12/31:

Click Here For Link

I was interested in getting this for the photography (I have the original Scotland & England books) until I noticed that overseas shipping is $53.52 :o

2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back