News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Golf and Wine in St. Louis
« on: April 10, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
My guess is this will either significantly raise or lower Jeff's Handicap.

http://www.saucemagazine.com/a/1063

First paragraph

On Jan. 27, Jake Hafner, the easy-going and affable proprietor of 33 Wine Shop and Tasting Bar in Lafayette Square, sent out an e-mail that struck fear into the hearts of loyal patrons. After almost eight years, Hafner was getting out of the business, the long and poetic e-mail explained. The news wasn’t all bad; the cozy shop wasn’t closing. But Hafner was selling it to Jeff Stettner, a 33 regular who, according to the e-mail, “gets it.”
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Norbert P

Re: Golf and Wine in St. Louis
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
Congrats Jeff, on your "inheritance".   Will Stag Beer be added to the list?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNF-0QsQOE   

(I hope Huntley doesn't see Jeff's photo. )
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:28:35 PM by Slag Bandoon »
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
Congrats Jeff!

Where in STL is the shop? I will have to try to stop by when in town next weekend for the marathon.
H.P.S.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 02:21:58 PM »
Isn't it a tradition of wine shop owners that are also GCA.com members show up with some of their best selections at all KP cup, Dixie cup, and Buda events for consumption at the awards banquet? See you 4/20! ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Brian Noser

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »
Congrats Jeff,  That is pretty sweet deal, I will have to come by and say hey.

Jeff_Stettner

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 05:35:34 PM »
Buck,
Thanks for making sure my embarrassment is not limited to St. Louis. Meanwhile, my handicap is growing as quickly as my wine belly.

I look forward to greeting any GCA's who happen to stumble into 33. 

Former golfer Jeff Stettner.

Steve Pozaric

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 11:15:26 PM »
Jeff:

Congratulations.  I can't wait to try it out.  Best of luck,

Steve

Steve Pozaric

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »
Well Kid,

You found your place in the world. It all finally came together . . . . You married a charming Jewish lawyer, got an MBA and bought a wine store where you can putter around and make money at something you love as much as golf. It looks to this Armenian like Jeff has achieved a perfect state of Shalom.

May we all be so lucky. Now, all you need to do is join CC of St. Louis and the circle will be complete.

BTW, your photo looks more like a guy who ought to be reciting "Howl" in a beatnik coffee shop than a wine Sommelier.

Then again, convention was never your intention.

Selah.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back