News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

Pebble Beach to revamp lodging lining first fairway
« on: March 09, 2017, 11:34:16 AM »
"Fairway One offers unique accommodations at The Lodge that hug the left side of the first hole at Pebble Beach Golf Links. Enjoy 30 oversized guest rooms and two luxurious golf cottages, plus a state-of-the-art 7,500 square foot meeting facility with floor-to-ceiling views of the first fairway. Opens later this summer."

https://www.pebblebeach.com/introducing-an-exciting-addition-at-pebble-beach-fairway-one-at-the-lodge/

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/pebble-beach-releases-details-and-photos-on-its-new-lodging-off-the-fairway-of-the-first-hole

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Matt_Cohn

Re: Pebble Beach to revamp lodging lining first fairway
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:52:04 PM »
As with everything else at Pebble, it should be spectacular and unbelievably expensive and always booked.

I hope that one building isn't as close the first fairway as it appears!

Matthew Rose

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »

When I played there in January there was an absolutely ton of construction happening. Some of it was the tournament hospitality tents and such, but there were a lot of buildings being put up / renovated, particularly around the 1st and 18th. I guess this is part of what they were doing.

American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Carl Rogers

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 08:13:01 AM »
When the course is on the tube and an aerial is shown, it is clear to me that the entire development is very densely developed.
When the shots are at ground level, it is equally clear that the visual impact has been muted.

Sadly, not the case at Harbortown..............
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

mike_beene

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »
Proof the USGA will play the US Open on a real estate course

Mike Schott

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 04:24:57 PM »
Proof the USGA will play the US Open on a real estate course

What's a "real estate" course? Aren't there apartments or offices (it's been years since I've played the course) overlooking part of Torrey Pines South?  And there have always been homes (mansions) on Pebble Beach.

mike_beene

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 12:33:17 AM »
And Real Estate may have played a hand in the addition of holes 4 and 5 at Pinehurst. My definition is a course with housing on both sides of a fairway on at least a few fairways. For example Oak Tree becomes true real estate on the back nine; Muirfield Village the front nine. Pebble on 1,15 and 16 has interior houses and OB on two sides. And 18 is arguably real estate . I love the course but if the USGA really won't go real estate then how do they treat Pebble?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back