News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Re: Great pieces of land that could use a golf course
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 03:55:23 PM »
As I was driving on Highway 290 this summer from Houston to Austin, I noticed some very appealing rolling farmland right before you get to the hill country. The land is quite open with widely scattered, mature trees and seemed like it would make an ideal setting for a golf course.

Not as dramatic as something on the coast but maybe my fellow TX CGAers can back me up on this.   

Before or after Brenham?

I honestly can't recall, Sam. Had a few too many at the Save Muny tournament and out in A-Town that weekend.

There is some great land between Hempstead and Brenham, it would be the perfect place for a course and my brother-in-law owns some of it. He can't be coaxed into letting me move some dirt though.

hick

Re: Great pieces of land that could use a golf course
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »
mat H,
Block island is just an awesome place.  how many acres does your family have up there? 
There must be many restrictions as to what can and can not be built on the island in
order for it to have stayed very underdeveloped.  i visited ther for a long weekend several years ago and had a great time.  i remember watching the ryder cup at brookline at the national.

I was two doors down watching at The Mohegan Cafe! my great- greet uncle built the national  we have about 200 acres but most of the land we gave outright to conservation. we have six houses on about fifty acres that we still own. My grandfather started conservation on the island in 1972 and he was way ahead of his time as now almost fifty percent of the island is conservation. we almost had  a course on the northern end of the island about ten years ago, but it didnt work out. glad you enoyed it

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back