News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dale_McCallon

An interesting membership drive
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:12:49 PM »
Not sure if this is done in other locales, but I had never heard of it being done.  A local golf course (Oaks Country Club, Murray KY) ran a promotion on Fathers Day.  Free golf and cart for anyone.  No strings attached; as far as I know you could play from sun-up to sundown with no charge.

They only had about 20 people take advantage of the offer, but they plan on doing it again.  Their membership director said that if they can attract just one new yearly member through the promo it will have been worth it.

ChipRoyce

Re: An interesting membership drive
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
My old club in Austin TX (Great Hills) did something similar and it was a great way to drive visibility to a pretty well hidden neighborhood club.

Every spring, weekend after the Masters, we advertised within the neighborhood (mail and signage) an "Open House". We put on an outdoor Texas BBQ with Open Beer & Wine, tours of the facility, tennis clinic and free rounds to those who registered in advance.

We'd make contact with about 30-50 new families each year and easily landed 5-10 new members through that. However, due to the transitory nature of the city, that only tackled about 30-50% of our annual turnover.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »
Not sure if this is done in other locales, but I had never heard of it being done.  A local golf course (Oaks Country Club, Murray KY) ran a promotion on Fathers Day.  Free golf and cart for anyone.  No strings attached; as far as I know you could play from sun-up to sundown with no charge.

They only had about 20 people take advantage of the offer, but they plan on doing it again.  Their membership director said that if they can attract just one new yearly member through the promo it will have been worth it.

How did you play?

Dale_McCallon

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »

How did you play?

Well, you know me; a public golfer at heart so I didn't even go.  Have you ever played there?  It truly is a "country" club. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back