News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Liddy

Ian_L

Re: Tiger Woods Golf Design in Portfolio.com
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:47:31 PM »
I'm sure many here will like this:

What is now the 12th hole at Punta Brava, a beautiful expanse along the Pacific Ocean, was originally slated to become a cluster of prime homesites. “Tiger said no way,” McCombs says. “He was absolutely right. Structurally, it was the right decision.”

TX Golf

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »
“We probably get 20 to 30 legitimate opportunities each month. I spend a lot of time going to these sites and finding the right owner.”

Unbelievable.... I hope the GCAs here on GCA aren't reading this. Is it really possible that he has had over 1500 opportunities to choose from within the last couple years???

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
Robert,

Being in the business of golf course design, I picked up on the "20 to 30 legitimate opportunities each month" comment as well. This is very difficult to believe. But, it's TW.

He tends to do things that were previously humanly impossible, right  :)
jeffmingay.com

TX Golf

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
Thats what I was thinking as well..... I guess there are many projects that also wouldn't make any sense unless Tiger's name is on it. As the article said there were investors who weren't at all interested in The Cliffs or Punta Brava until he was involved. Interesting stuff.

Greg Holland

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
Interesting article.  The routing I saw for the Mexico course looked interesting.

Does anyone know the Fazio courses on which Beau Welling served as lead design associate (other than the 2 at the Cliffs the article mentions)?

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 08:11:14 PM »
I can't wait until Don reads this....

"The amount of meetings I’ve been in—you’d be shocked by the number of meetings I’ve been in, but that’s how you gain the knowledge: being in the meetings and participating. You learn and you grow.”

:)
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back