News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Nolan

Irish Open at Co. Louth/Baltray
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:47:37 AM »
http://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2009/0108/baltray.html

Count me watching this one.

On a related note, with U.S. players leaking abroad will we see more American golf fans tuning in on weekend mornings to see good examples of gca?

Rich Goodale

Re: Irish Open at Co. Louth/Baltray
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:31 AM »
Great to hear this, Jon

I was worried when I looked up the EuroPGAT site yesterday and saw that there was neither a course nor a sponsor for this event.  Given its checkered history I feared the worse.  Baltray should be a grea venue.

Rich

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 11:28:29 AM »
I am pretty sure the Irish Open was played at Baltray within the past 6-8 years.

David Stamm

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:31:30 AM »
I am pretty sure the Irish Open was played at Baltray within the past 6-8 years.

Yes it was. 2004 and Brett Rumford was the winner. The course looked fantastic!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
This is good news... The full story is that it was offered to Mount Juliet first but they turned it down which is a worrying sign...

Still, great that they have decided to go back to the coast... I believe Royal Dublin was also in the running...

This was woefully supported by the Irish public in 2004 when it was last held at Baltray though... I think this is part of the reason that they have been in parts of the country other than near Dublin lately... The support is much better... Dubs have had too much choice...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back