News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Sanctuary Ridge (formerly Diamond Player's Club) in Clermont
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:48:33 PM »
Any veterans of Sanctuary Ridge (FKA Diamond Player's Club), a Terrill "Terry" LaGree design care to comment on your perception of its worth?  Sporting the tag of "Florida's mountain course," I'm curious as to what to expect.  Thanks.

Ron M.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Jim_Kennedy

Re: Sanctuary Ridge (formerly Diamond Player's Club) in Clermont
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 09:50:48 PM »
Ronald,
I've enjoyed this course each and every time I played it. It's got some big elevation changes, probably 80', top to bottom, and it comes into play on quite a few holes. The place is nearly ringed with housing but you're playing in a bowl so much of the time so they have little visual effect.
It has a couple of funky holes along with some strong 3s and 4s, and you won't walk away thinking that you wasted your money. 

Last year it was $25 after 1pm. It's not too user friendly in places but you won't run into slow play/back ups. We always got around in an acceptable time.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:58:15 PM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:18:36 PM »
Is it walkable?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

John_Conley

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:15:14 AM »
Probably walkable, although it would be hard to get up from #9 if I recall.  You'll have fun.  It is a blast to play, but probably more fun the second time.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »
Everest is walkable  ;) As john says, you'll be doing some climbing (nine is a trek) and playing it a time or two helps.

If you're down there for any length of time there's a course a little farther west on rt. 50 called Palisades. It's really fun if its being maintained, but that wasn't the case last time I played. Another cheapie at 35 bucks.

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back