News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

OK I Realy Only Need Help With My Spelling
« on: December 07, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »

The point of the deleted thread "I NEED HELP" was that we all need golf buddies.

I got hooked to the game around 12 years ago. One year later I was on The Old Course after studying the history of the game. I started traveling as a single golfer to as many places I could go with the hopes of someday meeting like minded golfers.

I realy enjoy golf course architecture. I enjoy walking the great courses in the morning with noone around.

So I have enjoyed this site over the last several months. Yesterday I got to meet several of you in person. I drank what Matt Varney offered. I just had a big breakfast so I was unable to eat what Mike Young put on the table.

The place I belong has a very low Golf IQ. The pros have never even heard of Tom Doak. I was shoicked when I first saw him post here.

So I do not need help. I have a very complete home and business life. But like all of us I DO NEED GOLF BUDDIES

Thanks for your time.............Anthony

Bart Bradley

Re: OK I Realy Only Need Help With My Spelling
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 06:22:48 PM »
Anthony, as far as I can tell you have at least 1498 of them  ;).

I am glad that you have found some entertainment, education and friendship through this site...I know I have.

May you and all who read this have a blessed holiday season.

Bart

John_Cullum

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »
AG

Call me if you get near Tampa. I promise to not bring a camera
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Mike_Young

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 09:04:41 PM »

The place I belong has a very low Golf IQ. The pros have never even heard of Tom Doak. I was shoicked when I first saw him post here.

So I do not need help. I have a very complete home and business life. But like all of us I DO NEED GOLF BUDDIES

Thanks for your time.............Anthony......

Anthony,
It was good to meet and enjoyed the day......but tell me something.....who is Tom Doak? ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:26:40 PM by Mike_Young »
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

John Moore II

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 09:14:30 PM »
So Anthony, where is this place with a low golf IQ? If you're ever in NC, get in touch, I'll go on the course with you and we can have any number of enlightening discussions. You know, bunker placement, green speed, female anatomy, or a variety of other things.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »
Quite by coincidence I just posted on the 'one course for a lifetime' the same sentiment about the need for friendships and to meet new folks that share the interest and enjoyment of golf, as you have also mentioned here.

As to the other point you make, about golf I.Q., and how many of the people at your home course know Tom Doak from a can of corn, I'd have to say that there are a fair number of good to moderatly good golfers at my home course (albeit a muni with a strong men's club membership) and I would have to say (particularly in the more astute about golf, men's club, that way over half never heard of Tom Doak or would understand his significance or place in the golf course design order of things.  It doen't mean I don't enjoy these people, because there are a bunch of really enjoyable people in that group.  But, I can't go to them for the same connection I get on GCA.com.  I suspect that is just the way it is with most broad groups of golfer's knowledge of this subject and the people in the field that make it interesting.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »

I play in the weekend low-ball with the guys at my clb and greatly enjoy the fellowship. But when it comes to congresation there is a deep void.
 the other day I had a Bandon Dunes hat on and one of the captians asked "Where's that". It is going to be nice to play some of the finer courses with others on this site insted of as a single golfer.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »
Anthony, getting involved with GCA.com and meeting so many fine people at so many fine golf venues has truly changed my life and all for the best.  It really was the turning point in my enjoyment of golf.  Too bad it came so late in life for me, I hope you have many more years of enjoyment.  Try to attend as many Kings Putters, Dixie Cups and Buda Cups as you can, these are the best way to meet kindred spirits in the golf you enjoy most.

Eric Smith

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 10:37:24 PM »

Yesterday I got to meet several of you in person. I drank what Matt Varney offered.

But like all of us I DO NEED GOLF BUDDIES

.............Anthony

Jeg har fotografiske bevis på at min golf kompisen Dr. Anthony Gray snakker sant. Her kommer han drikker Matt Varney vann til livet.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 10:46:01 PM »
I thought Bob Huntley and Lloyd Coles warned you guys about those darn spelling errors.   ::) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »

After drinking what Matt Varney offered I accidently urinated in the shower the next morning..............It won't need disinfected for a month.

Anthony

Lloyd_Cole

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »
Anthony

I just switched to Firefox as my main browser.
It underlines (in red!) all spelling errors.
Pretty soon you be totally fine!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 11:54:08 PM »

ustedes sabran que el idioma principal de mi esposa es el espanol
la cosa triste es que  yo escribo mejor en espanol que en engles.

Antonio

Kalen Braley

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »
Anthony,

By all means just keep writing in Spanish then....and for most of your posts I'm sure about the same amount of people will understand them.  :P

Anthony Gray

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 03:11:37 PM »

Actually, I do have golf buddies.  I just hate the way they dress.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back