News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

Tucson Golf
« on: December 08, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »
Is the golf in Tucson pretty good? Went to Scottsdale two summers ago and liked Arizona a lot.  Any golf courses you recommend in Tucson?

Mike Mosely

Re: Tucson Golf
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 06:14:29 PM »
It's not one of the faves here, but the grandaddy of Tucson is Ventana Canyon, you'll love it.  Go in shoulder season and do an all you can play special.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:46:55 PM »
Tucson golf is "pretty good."

Publics: Vistoso, Randolph Park, Dell Urich, Arizona National(Formerly Raven at Sabino Springs) and Preserve at Saddlebrooke. Del Lago in Vail may be over run with houses by now. Rio Rico, Tubac and Kino Springs are a trip. Ventana Canyon and La Paloma are the 2 major golf resorts.

Privates: Stone Canyon and both courses at The Gallery. The new Ritz Carlton Club will open soon @ $225 per for restricted public play.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Chuck Brown

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 07:17:11 PM »
I had a very nice business trip that took me to Tucson National (a Radisson or Marriott or something like that) and I was very glad I took my sticks.  A fantastic place to practice and relax.  I had an enormous room where I could practically step out of my room onto the range.

It used to be the site of the regular PGA Tour stop in Tucson.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:42:07 PM by Chuck Brown »

David Stamm

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 07:46:37 PM »
Rick, I've played Vistoso, Arizona National and Tucson National and I enjoyed them all. Some of the mounding around the greens at Tucson National is a little odd in spots, but the course overall is enjoyable. It's a non desert type (read parkland) course and was the host of the Omni Tucson Open for years. AN is a pretty good RTJ jr and there are few neats things at Vistoso.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back