News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Knowing what you know now, what course would you like to return to?
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 01:45:51 AM »
There are a handful of courses that I would like another look at because I didn't realize how privileged I was at the time.  However, the one which stands out the most is Crystal Downs.  Pulborough & Sunny Old are close seconds.  Walton Heath & the Berkshire are close thirds. 

Ciao
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:54:00 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Ashridge, Kennemer, de Pan, Eindhoven, Hilversumche, Royal Ostend, Alnmouth & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Jim Nugent

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 02:08:29 AM »
Portmarnock.  Played it once, in 1997.  Pre-GCA awareness days for me.  Remember most of the holes, and would love to go there again, to see how it looks and plays. 

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 06:20:18 AM »
Ballybunion has a few mentions on this thread and I'd add my name to the list.  I played it 20 years ago when I had little understanding of gca.  Sadly I remember little of the course.

Carnoustie would be similar.  Again I played it almost 20 years ago, although I do remember more of it than I do Ballybunion and I've walked it since.  Since reading Rich Goodale's book on it I'd like to play there again.
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Mark Pearce

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 06:42:16 AM »
There are a handful of courses that I would like another look at because I didn't realize how privileged I was at the time.  However, the one which stands out the most is Crystal Downs.  Pulborough & Sunny Old are close seconds.  Walton Heath & the Berkshire are close thirds. 

Ciao
Sean,

I play in a Society at The Berkshire every June - fancy joining us next year?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back