News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A.G._Crockett

Mike Strantz Art Gallery--still time to order for Christmas
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »
Just wanted to make one more recommendation for the Mike Strantz Art Gallery as you consider Christmas gifts for golfers.  For those of you that have been touched in some way by the disaster that is cancer, these prints might be especially meaningful.

The prints, offered for sale by the Strantz family are from original drawings by Mike, are very affordable, and of very high quality.  I've just ordered two of #18 at Caledonia as gifts; already had a couple of True Blue prints for my own collection.

Most importantly, portions of each sale go to the Hollings Cancer Center in Charleston, an oral cancer awareness program, and to help the families of cancer patients faced with lodging and food expenses beyond their means.

So great original art, a great gift for a golfer, and a great cause as well.  You could do worse for a Christmas gift!

Thanks for considering it.

AGC
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Paul Carey

Re: Mike Strantz Art Gallery--still time to order for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 07:37:08 PM »

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 07:51:33 PM »
The link to the gallery:

http://www.mikestrantzdesign.com/golfgallery.html

Thank you, Paul!  I meant to attach that; got a bit emotional and whiffed.
AGC
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
I am philosophically opposed to bumping a thread, but this is important enough to make an exception.

Germain Pepin

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:50:37 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. It is a great idea.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 09:12:35 AM »

+1

Trying to decide which is my favorite (and which picture I remove to put it in its place with the wife viewing it as an upgrade).   ;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Amol Yajnik

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 10:43:25 PM »
Thanks for this post.  I played in a match play team event at True Blue and Caledonia back in August and my team won.  I just bought prints of the 18th at Caledonia to send to all of my teammates from that event.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 08:03:41 PM »

+1

Trying to decide which is my favorite (and which picture I remove to put it in its place with the wife viewing it as an upgrade).   ;)

If you've played Caledonia, the watercolor of the 18th might be evocative enough to tip the scales in its favor.  It was for me, at any rate.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »

+1

If you've played Caledonia, the watercolor of the 18th might be evocative enough to tip the scales in its favor.  It was for me, at any rate.

I have played Caledonia, many times.  Just glad he did a watercolor on the 18th instead of the 9th.   ;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 09:48:20 AM »

+1

I have played Caledonia, many times.  Just glad he did a watercolor on the 18th instead of the 9th.   ;)

Good point.  I love that little hole, but I doubt it would make great art.

The second shot into 18 at Caledonia late in the day is not only beautiful and deceptively difficult but can be really intimidating depending on the number of drunks on the veranda.  Gives one a small taste of the Tour?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back