News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Justin Timberlake: Golf Course Savior
« on: November 07, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

PCCraig

Re: Justin Timberlake: Golf Course Savior
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »
Who is doing the renovation?
H.P.S.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »
It is good to see a celebrity in his position take on the role of an ambassador of golf, along with Geo Lopez.  I don't know much about Timberlake's music, but I'll have to give it a listen.  I'm impressed with the enthusiasm and love of the game of this fellow.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John Burzynski

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »
It is good to see a celebrity in his position take on the role of an ambassador of golf, along with Geo Lopez.  I don't know much about Timberlake's music, but I'll have to give it a listen.  I'm impressed with the enthusiasm and love of the game of this fellow.

I second that emotion.  Golf has always had ambassadors, Crosby, Hope, Gleason, even goofballs like Bill Murray.  It is good for the game and can't help but get others involved or exposed to golf. 

If Timberlake seems to 'have the game', the passion and the knowledge of the game that I read that he does, it will only help golf to grow.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 09:49:07 PM »
I wish him good luck, in this economic time it's going to be tough.   The one thing the article doesn't say its going to be an eco friendly course complete with solar power.  $16 million sounds like a lot but if that includes a new clubhouse then maybe.

Tim Bert

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 09:56:35 PM »
Here's hoping they do something special with the previously bland front nine.  Big Creek has gone through many "transformations" before, but it sounds like Mr. Timberlake has something of a little bigger scale planned.

The location was never convenient enough to make this a must-play on a regular basis for most of the Memphis golfing population, but the public offerings there are average enough that the course could draw some attention if it is done well.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 12:48:51 AM »
Callaway signed him up a couple of weeks ago for a pretty penny.

The clubhouse on his course is LEED Platinum.

He is kicking it with Jessica Biel.

And so on and so forth.

:P

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back