News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Golf: Donegal - Belfast on a sunday (probable hangover)
« on: September 23, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »
So next saturday we will be having a blast celebrating the nuptials of a good pal near Donegal. Looking forward to seeing some of the MSc boys too!

We fly back to Edinburgh from Belfast on the last shuttle on sunday evening.
I was thinking we might throw the golf shoes in the case, but forgo the extortionate baggage excess and just hire some clubs.

Any great ideas for decent CHEAP golf on the route between those two cities?
(I'm really not inclined to take a massive detour, but would quite like to add a nice Irish course to the resume). Would Donegal Golf Club even maybe fit the bill?

Advice, please!
best,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Sean_A

Re: Golf: Donegal - Belfast on a sunday (probable hangover)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:05:35 PM »
FBD

Murvagh is certainly worth a go.  If you don't like it - its only 18 holes and a bar isn't too far away. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Tim Pitner

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:08:16 PM »
Martin,

Donegal GC (Murvagh) would fit the bill nicely, I would think.  It's reasonably priced, offers a good course in a great setting and is pretty wide and not too demanding, which might work well with a hangover.  And it's obviously quite close to Donegal town.  It's a second-tier Irish course, but I very enjoyed my round there. 

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:23:51 PM »
Martin

It’s been some 20 years since I was last in Northern Ireland, so slightly out of date, but I would suggest some of the clubs around Belfast. Allows you to relax and just a short journey to the airport.

Some clubs like
Royal Belfast
Belvoir Park
Dunmurry
And perhaps try Cliftonville.

As for cheap, well not cheap but you may enjoy a round, however if you can get to Royal County Down on the 23rd Oct.08 around 9.30am have arranged the courtesy of the course for Ernie Payne on his Old Tom Centenary Challenge taking place that morning.

Don’t forget to get a bottle or two of Bushmills/Jameson before leaving, apparently helps with air sickness.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back