News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Fleischer

Ireland pics....carne added ...
« on: September 13, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »
Here are some pics from Ireland. First set of Pics are from rosses point enniscrone to follow... Enjoy!!  And remember Im not a professional !!!  ;D

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:01:44 AM by Brad Fleischer »

Brad Fleischer

Re: Ireland pics....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »
Couple more rossses point...

Rob Rigg

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:57:24 PM »
Brad,

Are those Carts?

How did they get on the course?

Looks like you got some "native" weather for your rounds.

Slainte, Rob

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 11:49:07 PM »
Yes there carts !! I was surprised myself. Actually they were quite a few carts on all the courses. The pics of enniscrone,carne and lahinch came out much better. I actually got really lucky and only had "native" weather 3 out of the 8 days. I got real lucky that week !! It was pouring everywhere I wasn't ...

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 12:58:56 AM »
Brad,

Thanks for resurrecting many happy memories of Sligo. My good friend, Mixie Murphy, was the former President of the Irish Golf Union and felt that this place was heaven on earth. He wasn't far off but for the awful weather.

Bob

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 03:35:18 PM »
Glad I could be of assistance  ;).... It was a beautiful setting to say the least. The weather was not that bad to be honest and by the time I got to ten it was nice untill 16. The next morning I could appreaciate more why your friend made that statement as I was first off and had sun untill I was done with little wind. Than and only than was it a little piece of heaven. Before that though it was a little heaven and hell !!!  ;D  It was also quite different than the other courses I played put no less enjoyable. To be honest Newark to Dublin,Belfast, or even Shannon looks a whole lot better to me now than to San Francisco or Portland than a drive or one more flight to Eugene. Now if we could only get that damn Euro down !!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:13:28 PM by Brad Fleischer »

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 04:09:31 PM »
Enniscrone...

Brad Fleischer

Re: Ireland pics....ennis addded
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 01:01:09 AM »
Carne...

Ian_L

Re: Ireland pics....carne added ...
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 01:45:53 AM »
Great pictures of Carne.  I think that huge dune wall behind the 10th green is trying to warn you about what's ahead...

Ian Andrew

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 07:46:28 AM »
3 courses I haven't seen - three courses that I now will.

Thanks!

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 02:11:38 PM »
To the Ian's lol.... Glad you liked the pics. Ian L, your not kidding about "what your in for". I had a perfect day and I loved Carne the best out off all of the courses I played there. For some reason it just did it for me. There is room there to make it even better, however I loved it just the way it was.

Ian A...  They are def worth seeing at least once. I got good advice from a local and good player that advised me to try the lesser known courses to avoid the crowds and high green fee's. He couldn't have been more right and I'm glad I heeded his advice.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »
Hmmmmm.

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 05:50:47 PM »

Was Spann channeling Hacket?
Interestingly other shots of Carne reminded me of BM.

Ian_L

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 12:06:46 AM »
To the Ian's lol.... Glad you liked the pics. Ian L, your not kidding about "what your in for". I had a perfect day and I loved Carne the best out off all of the courses I played there. For some reason it just did it for me. There is room there to make it even better, however I loved it just the way it was.

Hehe lucky you, I could barely stand on the 1st tee :P .  That wind sock they have was blowing straight sideways.  I thought it was a fun course as well, quite a challenge, but it has to be one of the most mountainous links golf around.

Brad Fleischer

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 01:06:31 AM »
lol.... I do agree it might not be as fun in anything over a 15 to 20 mph wind. I really didnt get that mountanious feel untill 12, than it got a little harder to walk and green to tees were a little longer. LIke I said I had a perfect day and I know that affected my opinion but just the sheer scale of the place and the feeling of solitude along with some really fun holes just left a lasting awesome expression. I imagine enniscrone was like that before the trailer park and the hotel. The routing felt 100 percent untouched by hand. Is there room for an even better layout ? I think the answer is yes. With that said to me and only me its still one heck of a layout. Even some of the holes other people have complained about I didn't find so bad. Heck I got better results with a 5 iron sometimes than a driver and vice versa. I had a blast playing it. I had the course to myself on the back so I dropped balls everywhere and hit numerous tee shots ,approach shots etc. So that's my story and im sticking to it. For me it was the best of the bunch. Now no flames please !!! lol    ;D

And yes I probably would change my mind in horrible weather etc butttttt I like the memory I have .

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back