News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Starting next Monday, 9/8 - Maintenance seminar, Week 1
« on: September 04, 2008, 05:00:01 PM »
The first topic, suggested by Adam Clayman, will be:

What is healthy grass? Dead grass? How quickly can it go from one to the other? How can the avid or casual golfer recognize problems versus what some might call ideal playing conditions? All this and more, coming soon to a golf website near you.

-----

I hope the many greenkeepers/superintendents out there will participate. I think you have as much to gain as those of us who are woefully ignorant; it can only help you if golfers begin to understand and appreciate some of the challenges keeping our wonderful playing fields maintained present.

I'm also hoping that by seeing the topics in advance, you can take the time to think a bit about them and answer in a more detailed fashion than an off-the-cuff response. My initial plan is to announce the following week's topic at the end of each week.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

George Pazin

Re: Starting next Monday, 9/8 - Maintenance seminar, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:10:02 PM »
The dreaded self bump. :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tom Yost

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »
As a regular Joe Golfer, I find these topics fascinating.

TX Golf

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:33:45 PM »
Tom.... I'll second you on that!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back