News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JWinick

Chicago GCA Gathering - August 11th
« on: August 04, 2008, 12:14:41 AM »
Several of us are planning on getting together for dinner on August 11th in Chicago.    We already have 7 or so people on board, so I figured we could open it up to anyone in the Chicago area.

As of now, we are planning on Gibson's downtown at approximately 5:00 PM for drinks, followed by dinner at about 6:00 PM.    I need to get a head count if you are interested in joining us.  Please reply to this thread if you are attending.   There's a good chance we may need to move the location, but we will keep in downtown Chicago.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:50:35 AM by JWinick »

Rob_Waldron

Re: Chicago GCA Gathering - August 11th
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 07:25:40 AM »
Jon

You can count me in for two. We will be playing The Dunes in New Buffalo that morning and driving to Chicago Monday afternoon.

Rob

Jim Colton

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:20:04 AM »
Jon,

Any other week and I'd be in for sure, since I work downtown.  But on Aug 11th, I'll be up in Northern Michigan trying to tackle Kingsley Club with the Tang Bros.

Jim

Adam Kamm

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:47:57 AM »
Very interested.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cory Lewis

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 05:51:57 PM »
Wow, what great timing. I'll actually be in the Chicago area Monday, I'll be playing at Blackwolf in the AM but should be able to make it by 5:30.   Please put me down and I will be there unless my plans change in the next day or two.  Looking forward to it.
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

JWinick

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 07:21:09 PM »
Should have at least a dozen people.   Should be fun.  I will send out another reply when I get a confirmed head count so I can make arrangements.   

JR Potts

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 10:41:19 PM »
I've got a softball game but I just may ditch it.

Consider me 50/50.

When do you need a firm answer by?

JWinick

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 11:07:11 PM »
By Friday should be fine.   

Mark Smolens

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 09:22:25 AM »
Trying to move some things, but have a trip to Lost Dunes and another to Bigfoot next week, so work's a problem.  Will let you know by Friday.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 06:09:19 PM »
Tuesday?  I think I can do that.

Crazy idea: if you decide to move it, anybody up for Persian food?  I took Bernhardt and Barney to a Persian joint at KP I in San Diego and they loved it.

Live a little....if good ol' boys like that liked it, I assure you, you will, too.  :)

Dave
Tuesday is the 12th, at least in the East, better re-check your dates or have fun by yourself on Tuesday ;) ;) ;D
Best
Dave

JR Potts

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »
Even crazier thought...

The Persian joint I was thinking of is Reza's, which is the old Stieben's (sp?) brewery in River North, because it's closer to downtown that even Gibson's Brothel, I mean Steakhouse... :)

But go with me on this, do we have enough guys to make this into a post-work, twilight Jans Outing, followed by dinner at the Persian joint with the bellydancer on Lawrence by where the Kennedy and Edens split off from each other?

Just thinkin' out loud .... 

As a lebanese-irish american, I am offended at your suggestion.  We do steak....that's what american men do best.  None of this marinated meat, shish-kabob, fried vegetable meal crap....meat damn-it.

See you at Gibsons on Monday.

JR Potts

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
You've obviously never has Persian food. There's more steak on the plate than you'd find at Gibson's.

Lightweight. :)

Please!

I've been to most every place in the Chicagoland area.  Reza isn't even in the top 5.

Maza and Syat Nova blow that place out of the water.  However, I can say, the Sangria at Rezas is pretty damn good.  I have a feeling that you wouldn't know good Tabbouli and Kibbeh Nyah if it landed short of a redan hole and caromed left and rolled 15 yards into the hole.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 11:05:46 PM »
persian food sounds downright awesome...wish I was living in Chicago  ;D

Adam Kamm

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 09:07:05 AM »
Kan Zaman is a little gem as well...on Wells just south of Ontario.

Once Persian food entails a bone-in filet or ribeye, I'll take it more seriously...

Dan Moore

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 12:50:37 PM »
Wish I could make it but have a prior committment that night.  Have fun. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

PCCraig

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 05:23:33 PM »
Shivas--

Reza's is great! They are a business customer of my group.

I'm 50/50 right now on an out-of town trip Monday, but could possibly make it. I will reply on Friday with my final yay/nay.

I like Gibsons too...and its close to my apt.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Re: Chicago GCA Gathering - August 11th New
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 08:33:57 AM »
Count me in for Monday as well if it's still on.

Looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:27:59 AM by Pat Craig »
H.P.S.

JWinick

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 09:18:52 AM »
We've got about 10-12 people it seems.   Please let me know for sure today.  I will make a reservation.

CJ Carder

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »
I was just in Chicago yesterday and have nothing to add to this thread other than the fact that I thought Gibson's was fantastic!  I stole the idea of going there from this thread so thank you to everyone!   :)

JWinick

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 10:43:29 AM »
Ok, we're all set for dinner at 5:30 at Gibson's for a party of ten.   I imagine this group will probably expand beyond ten, but since the reservation is early enough, they should be able to accomodate us.   I know the time is early, but I have a flight to catch later that night. 

Let's plan on meeting at the bar around 5:00 PM.  The reservation is under Winick - GCA.   

Look forward to seeing you all there!   It should be fun. 

PCCraig

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:30 AM »
JWinick-

Thanks for setting this up.

I may be there a little closer to 5:30 as I am coming from Rosemont, but will be there.

Looking forward to it.
H.P.S.

Cory Lewis

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 05:30:25 PM »
It kills me, but please count me out, after talking to several people about traffic, I just don't think I will be able to get there in time after playing at Blackwolf late morning.  Have fun guys.
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

JWinick

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »
It was good seeing you all!  I got to meet an actual GCA celebrity in person (Shivas).   Thanx for coming.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back