News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan_Smith

Golf at Highlands Links Oct. 6-8
« on: September 25, 2008, 09:45:47 PM »
I'm getting married at Keltic Lodge on Oct. 8 and I'll be playing Highlands on the 6-8th.  I'm just wondering if there's a chance anybody will be around and would like to get in a game.  My only stipulation is that I have to play earlier on the 8th since I have to be somewhere by 5pm.   ;D

I really can't wait to get back to Ingonish!!!

Evan

Eric_Terhorst

Re: Golf at Highlands Links Oct. 6-8
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:01:30 PM »
Alas, wish I could get back too...

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 06:19:54 PM »
Damn, I love that course!

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:57:24 PM »
Congratulations, Evan! What a great place to get married. Have fun.

And, bring some warm clothes for golf at Ingonish in early October!
jeffmingay.com

Evan_Smith

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 10:55:36 PM »
Thanks for the wishes Jeff.  I can't wait to play Highlands again.  It's been 2 years since I was there and I haven't stopped thinking about.  It's easily my favourite North American Course. 

Weather wise, as long as it's not cold AND raining, I'm happy to golf.  Heck, I'm not sure if there's any weather that could keep me off Highlands Links!!!

Tim MacEachern

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »
We played in mid-July in a pouring rainstorm.  Hey, you're there with two guys who have never played it, what else would you do?

Unfortunately, that storm set the pattern for the rest of the summer, and Cape Breton has been inundated in rain for the last two months.  From what I hear, the course is not in very good shape right now.  One course, Lingan near Sydney, was reported closed for half of August, prime time around here for golf.

Oh, and we're currently getting hit by the remnants of Hurricane Kyle.  More rain, I'm sure more reports of flooding...

Don Hyslop

Re: Golf at Highlands Links Oct. 6-8 New
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
 Although we in Nova Scotia have had a very wet last couple of months, the colours that are now exploding in reds, yellows and oranges will add  spectacularly to your most special of occasions.
  All the best on your day!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:55:50 PM by Don Hyslop »
Thompson golf holes were created to look as if they had always been there and were always meant to be there.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back