News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Robin

Re: San Diego Area Private Golf
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »
How about the Golf Club of California(correct name?) in Fallbrook? I played it early and thought it was decent and looked like it was going to be a nice club. Do Stamm, Spaulding, et all, know how this one turned out? Is this closer then Pauma?

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 10:40:32 PM »
It is far closer than Pauma, adjacent to Fallbrook muni off highway 76. I've not invested the time to go see it but have been told that it is a decent test, well conditioned, and has received a number of defectors from Bear Creek, including the last guy to beat TW in match play as an amateur.

DS has been in touch with them so he can speak to the pricing.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

rjsimper

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »
I think Mr. Robin is just partial to golf courses featuring bunkers in the middle of a par 3's green.  Brad Tufts played it and his review on the course was that it was decent but not great...I recall him saying that it was a pretty nice club setting.  I'll defer to Senor Stamm on the pricing there, but it's absolutely a more convenient location than Pauma, however still an hour-ish from SD proper.

David Stamm

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 11:59:57 PM »
I haven't played it (Golf Club of California), but I trust Brad's take is spot on. I do have a friend who's been a member there for a while and he tells me that it is not a walker friendly course. Memberships last time I checked were in the $20-$25K range with $350-$400 per month. As a side note, when turning off from I-15, it's about 5 minutes to the west. Pauma is 15 minutes to the east off the same exit. So Pauma is only 10 minutes further.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:03:01 AM by David Stamm »
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

R_Paulis

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 12:20:25 AM »
Most non-California types don't realize the difference in weather from the west coast to a few miles inland. A couple of weeks ago temps were 72 degrees with a nice ocean breeze up to a mile away from the ocean. Four miles inland and the tempature was 92 degrees.

Needless to say I played Olivas Links that day near the ocean while my buddy played Rustic Canyon with temps approaching 100 degrees.

Richard Boult

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 10:33:43 AM »
Native Californians are leaving SD, LA, and SF to retire here in SLO County (250k residents. Great climate, no traffic, affordable golf, good courses (La Purisima, Marshallia, Monarch Dunes, Cypress Ridge, SLOCC, Hunter Ranch, Morro Bay).  SLOCC is something like <10k, 350/mo. Most of us would rather just play the publics though. A handful of PGA and Nationwide pros play there annually in the Straight Down Fall Classic.

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 02:55:40 PM »
I haven't played it (Golf Club of California), but I trust Brad's take is spot on. I do have a friend who's been a member there for a while and he tells me that it is not a walker friendly course. Memberships last time I checked were in the $20-$25K range with $350-$400 per month. As a side note, when turning off from I-15, it's about 5 minutes to the west. Pauma is 15 minutes to the east off the same exit. So Pauma is only 10 minutes further.

That must be the same car/rocket that gets you up to Rustic in 20 additional minutes. :-\ Pauma for us normal folk is another 20-25 minutes from GCoC.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

David Stamm

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 03:09:43 PM »

That must be the same car/rocket that gets you up to Rustic in 20 additional minutes. :-\ Pauma for us normal folk is another 20-25 minutes from GCoC.

5.0 liters going to waste. :'( Do I need to show you how to use that? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceX5Wk-zSY
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back