News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff_Stettner

Re: TPC San Francisco Bay, David Kidd (pics)
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »
Ken,
7 or 8 years ago I wrote a post that suggested that Moraga CC was a less than ideal golf course. I soon received an e-mail from a member that was less than cordial. You've been warned...

Ken McGlynn

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2008, 12:16:44 PM »
Ken:

I read Kevin's post as saying it's NOT in the same league as Moraga CC - he made no comparison of Stonebrae to it other than to set out Moraga as an example of a course that has two very different nines.  He specifically says that Moraga does NOT have one great set of holes...  Kevin most definitely did NOT include Moraga in any discussion of the Bay Area's best, other than to cite it as this example, specifically stating also that it does not have one set of great holes.   

His friend seemed to think Stonebrae also has two very different nines.  So what's the problem?

Tom, perhaps I missed his point. I was attempting to convey that to be Jekyll and Hyde golf course it must have both good and bad. From a quality of golf architecture standpoint the disparity between nines at Moraga is not that evident. The front nine was a poor attempt at taking an executive nine and modifying to regulation length. The back nine is just an unmitigated disaster. My apologies to Mr. Reilly and yourself if I read it wrong.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »
Ken - no hassles, man.  I think you did read it wrong... but hell Kevin can come in himself and say one way or the other!

I truly think he just listed Moraga as the "worst" this could get, saying that Stonebrae is in no way like Moraga.... but yeah, Jeckyll/Hyde does convey one good, one bad.... so I can see how you read it much better now.

Oh well... MY main thing is I am pretty sure Kevin meant no praise for Moraga.

;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back