News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Worst Playoff Hole 17th TPC
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 04:39:53 PM »
I have answered it many many times. I can think of no other way to explain it that would seemingly meet your standard. I give up.

P.S. You have no way of knowing whether Sergio's shot on 17 was superior or just luckier.

George,

Based on the result, I think its pretty safe to say that Sergios shot was indeed superior.  Even Goydos admitted that he hit the ball too high, unlike his previous time around a half hour or so earlier.

George Pazin

Re: Worst Playoff Hole 17th TPC
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 05:14:11 PM »
Even Goydos admitted that he hit the ball too high, unlike his previous time around a half hour or so earlier.

That's not what I heard him say. Both he and Garcia said the shot ballooned in the wind. It may have been the shot, it may have been the wind.

The result was superior, I don't know that the shot was.

Again, I'm not looking to eliminate chance, merely lessen. The absolute last hole on that course I would choose to begin a sudden death playoff on would be 17.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back